Sunday 17 December 2006

Site down, Winter Wonderland finished

Ok. Since yesterday during the day, I have no access to my regular website, and I suppose you too. And it's a real annoyance, as I was going to make a great tutorial to make round ornie, and generally work on my website. And now I can't do any of this. And Blogger doesn't want to change my profile, not a happy puppy ! Ok, accepted to change my whole design, it's not so bad.

But I hate having that stupid crochet cat as a profile picture ! I might have to disable the whole thing....

Most of my Christmas trip preparations are done, I even havea new halogen lamp thanks to Argos... But I had to be in town at 9am, (after going to bed at 1am) to be there before everybody else.



So here is a picture of Winter Wonderland I finished last night. I hate working on evenweave, linen rocks ! Why? it seems I see the holes better, with evenweave I'm always afraid I would miscount. But hey, extra care makes this piece totally mistake free !!!! A miracle?

I love this piece. It ooks nothing like the original piece. Of course,I changed most of the colours... I think I should finish it as a quilted frame. A regular frame wouldn't fit in my suitcase, and just would go with DBF's decorations. So I'll have to fight with my sewing machine later today...

I see the question "what next?" coming... I started preparing "Country stitcher. city stitcher", and I had to change a few threads (am I too cheap to by more DMC colours, or is it the impression that I already have too many?). My trip project will be the Margaret Sherry cat freebie.

I also packed a Jane Greenoff mini sampler. But I have the impression I will be finished with all this before the end of my holidays, so I might add some stuff... Plus I don't want to start "Country Stitcher" now, so I think I will start the Coutry Cottage Needleworks "house with ewe" that everybody had already stitched...

As you can see, I feel like blabbing, and my website is dead, not happy ! I feel I will extend the use of my mailing list to "breakdown" migrations...

10 comments :

Anonymous said...

The winter wonderland is really pretty.

I'm sorry you had trouble with your webpage. It seems like blogger has been giving trouble since they merged with Google.

Anonymous said...

San

This is so pretty and you did a very wonderful job on this. I love the color of the material and the colors in this too.

Have a safe Trip and get lots of Stitching done okay.

Take care & Happy Stitching,

Trixie said...

It's awful cute San. I ordered one not too long ago just because of YOU!!! :o)

I hope you have a lovely trip and even better holidays!

Anonymous said...

Esta hermoso San, lamento que tu sitio siga dando problemas...

Anonymous said...

I's so lovely ! Well done ! What a nightmare you live with your website !
Be back soon on net !

Leeland said...

Hi San!
It looks great! Many projects you want to do... but you're right: if the weather is as rotten here as it's been in the past few weeks, you will spend a long time indoors...
I've just read your message on my answering machine. I'm so deceived I wasn't there when you called!
I'll try to reach you by email right now. Xbox is back, let's enjoy puter time...
Lots of hugs!

Anonymous said...

I really like your Winter Wonderland. The colours are absolutely gorgeous and it seems like a very wintery atmosphere, especially with the colour you chose for the evenweave. I hope you have a safe trip and enjoy a wonderful Christmas with your family and DBF.

Anonymous said...

Hi San, sorry to hear about your webiste, i hope you'll get access to it real soonj. I love your winter wonderland especially the fabric you have used. Best wishes, Mylene

Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

Worried for awhile when I stop ay your site this morning...till I saw the email. :)

Beautiful job San on the Winder Wonderland.

I think I prefer evenweave to linen...as the holes are more even.

Have a good trip.

Kucki68 said...

Winter Wonderland looks lovely. Makes me want to have snow even more, but no such luck so far. Have fun on the trip.