Monday 14 January 2008

Snowflakes finished

Ok, so this week end... I stitched on Snowflakes. As I said I would. And I finished it.

You might notice that I left out the outer line, and it's obviously deliberate. First, it avoids technical finishing problems. Frame something with an outer stitched line, and spend a lot of time stretching to get it straight. Try making it into a cushion, and sew exactly parallel to the stitched line... Hum...

The second thing is that I wanted the design to "breeze" more. So more open space around the design.

I will finish it as a cushion for my sofa, as I left my big cushions at DBF's (Winter wonderland and Forest Snowfall). As I only finished stitching yesterday around midnight, I wasn't going to start a big sewing project ;)

Next, I might continue Cinderella, but I also have ideas for Valentine's day, and other Spring/gift related stuff, I have to get myself organised !!!

And don't forget, if you are on MySpace, come and join my friends list !

--------------------------------------------------------

Voici Snowflakes fini. J'ai eu juste le temps de finir a environ minuit hier ! Vous remarquerez l'absence de la ligne exterieure. Je voulais laisser le projet respirer, et en plus ca enleve les difficultes techniques d'encadrer/faire un coussin tres droit.

Je vais en faire un coussin pour mon sofa, vu que j'ai lessay mais deux grands coussins (Winter wonderland et Forest Snowfall) chez DBF.

Maintenant, j'aimerais bien broder Cinderella, mais aussi des projets de St Valentin, de Printemps, et des cadeaux.

Et n'oubliez pas, si vous etes sur MySpace, rejoignez la liste de mes amis !

11 comments :

Veronica said...

Gratz on the happy dance. Everytime I look at the fabric, I fall in love all over again with the colour.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful finish. This is one of my favorite new patterns by LHN, next to Winter Whites. Can't wait to see it made into a cushion.

-- Danielle

Unknown said...

Snowflakes is so pretty! You did a great job.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I LOVE your finish and especially love the fabric you used...BOY it makes it just POP! Beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

This piece is really charming, looks so cozy inside the little house.

Jenn M said...

It's really nice. I love the variegated leaves in the border, and the fabric color is just right.

Anonymous said...

c'et une bonne idée de ne pas avoir fait le cadre du tour! C'est adorable! Je trouve la toile foncée mais ça rend bien finalement.
Biz

servane1966 said...

Bravo c'est très joli !!!

Bises et Bonne et Heureuse Année
Christine

stitcherw said...

San I love it on that color it looks fantastic. Congrats on getting both of the ones in the SAL done, your fingers have been flying.
Sue

Leeland said...

C'est superbe mais moi, je préfère avec le tour. Ce n'est pas bien dur de suivre une bordure quand on encadre: des épingles et le tour est joué... Mais bon, il a une personnalité toute autre comme ça et ça lui va très bien aussi.
Et c'est vrai que le tissu que tu as choisi est parfait. Tout comme tes adaptations de couleurs.
Je crois que je vois de quel projet secret il s'agit...
Bisous!
Lili

Kucki68 said...

The snowflakes will make a wonderful cushion! And now we need some real snow...