Monday, 14 January 2008

Snowflakes finished

Ok, so this week end... I stitched on Snowflakes. As I said I would. And I finished it.

You might notice that I left out the outer line, and it's obviously deliberate. First, it avoids technical finishing problems. Frame something with an outer stitched line, and spend a lot of time stretching to get it straight. Try making it into a cushion, and sew exactly parallel to the stitched line... Hum...

The second thing is that I wanted the design to "breeze" more. So more open space around the design.

I will finish it as a cushion for my sofa, as I left my big cushions at DBF's (Winter wonderland and Forest Snowfall). As I only finished stitching yesterday around midnight, I wasn't going to start a big sewing project ;)

Next, I might continue Cinderella, but I also have ideas for Valentine's day, and other Spring/gift related stuff, I have to get myself organised !!!

And don't forget, if you are on MySpace, come and join my friends list !

--------------------------------------------------------

Voici Snowflakes fini. J'ai eu juste le temps de finir a environ minuit hier ! Vous remarquerez l'absence de la ligne exterieure. Je voulais laisser le projet respirer, et en plus ca enleve les difficultes techniques d'encadrer/faire un coussin tres droit.

Je vais en faire un coussin pour mon sofa, vu que j'ai lessay mais deux grands coussins (Winter wonderland et Forest Snowfall) chez DBF.

Maintenant, j'aimerais bien broder Cinderella, mais aussi des projets de St Valentin, de Printemps, et des cadeaux.

Et n'oubliez pas, si vous etes sur MySpace, rejoignez la liste de mes amis !
Post a Comment