Sunday, 27 January 2008

Work of the week end...

Quite a few things to show...

First, the Love Cats. They are finished in crosses, and only lack the flowers and leaves at the top of the swing. Of course, they will require some serious backstitching to look like something.....

--------------------------

Quelques trucs a voir....

Premierement, les chats amoureux. Les croix sont finies, a part les fleurs et les feuilles au dessus de la balancoire.

Bien sur, le tout ressemblera a un blog geant tant que les points arriere ne seront pas faits.




Then there's a big... blue S.

The plan is to make the heart bags, with big S on it (blue for DBF, pink for me... Our initials if you are wondering, yes, both our names start with S, it's freaky).

I thought it would be more versatile to do it on plastic canvas. So I used a blue thread for the outline, and a DMC variation for the inside. Yes, all those different colours are just one thread, I find it amazing.

I was going to put little hearts in the S (that is just slightly smaller than the original, btw), but This was it will be reusable, and it looks more "pure".

I included the back picture because it looks so neat ;)

------------------------------------

Ensuite, nous avons... un grand S bleu ! Ca fait partie du plan "sacs St Valentin". Je dois faire 2 grands S (un bleu pour DBF, et un rose pour moi, he oui, nos noms commencent tous les deux par S, c'est etonnant). Alors j'ai pense que de faire ca sur canvas plastique serait plus versatile.

L'image est un peu plus petite que l'original, et j'ai inclu la photo de l'arriere, car c'etait si propre !!!)

J'ai utilise un fil bleu pour le contour, et du DMC variation pour l'interieur. Un fil, tant de texture, c'est incroyable !!! J'allais mettre des petits coeurs dans le S, mais comme ca c'est plus pur et reutilisable pour un homme.

---------------------------------------

Finally... a finish ! And the journey of a mind, I heard some of you like that....

This morning I was a bit depressed. Filling the "S" was no fun, the Love cats were no fun, I craved to start something, but it wasn't wise...

I started thinking about how I was going to travel to France a few times this Spring. after such boredom now. In parallel, I thought about How School of Needlework was nicely framed, and I had no idea what to do with "Stitcher's prayer".

I wanted to do something special and stitchy with it. But I already have the pouches I need... then it struck: Daylight lamp. It's long (well, high), and the design is long... it felt like a perfect match !

And here is how it took form: a portable Daylight lamp drawstring bag. Before you ask, yes, I did take pictures to make a tutorial. It will come soon.

It's doubled with grey fleece (leftover from a jumper my grandma made me), and I added some padding for extra protection during transport. And the bottom is squared.

Surprisingly, the bag ended up the other way around from what I originally intended. I wanted the design along the bag, not across it. What happened is that when I sew the 2 fabrics together and incased the cord, I used the lines of the fabric as guide, and forgot the design disposition !!!!

I'm happy I made the mistake though, it looks better like that, the words are horizontal and all...

--------------------------------------------
Pour finir... un "finish", sous la forme d'un sac de transport pour ma lampe Daylight. Avec un peu de cheminement de la pensee, j'ai entendu quelque part que certaines aimaient ca.

Ce matin, j'etais un peu deprimee. Les projets n'etais plus amusants, remplissage du S, les chats en fils courts... l'ennui quoi !

Puis j'ai pense au Printemps et mes multiples voyages en France. En parallele, je me demandais encore que faire de "Stitcher's prayer", qui est trop long pour rentrer dans un cadre conventionnel et finir sur mes murs.

En plus je voulais faire quelque chose de special, pour ma broderie. Comme c'est long, comme ma lampe est haute... ca faisait parfaite combinaison !

Avant qu'on ne me pose la question, oui j'ai fait des photos pour faire un tuto.

Ce sac est double de polaire (restes d'un pull que ma grand mere m'a fait), et il y a du mattelassage entre deux pour encore plus de protection.

Le paradoxe est qu'a l'origine, les rayures et la broderie devaient etre dans l'autre sens, mais je prefere le rendu comme ca.
Je crois que je me suis basee sur les rayures pour coudre la doublure et le trou pour le cordon, et j'ai oublie l'orientation de la broderie !!!
Post a Comment