Thursday 14 February 2008

7 weird things about me

I was supposed to do that earlier, when Heidi tagged me... I think most of the stitchers I know already answered this meme, so if you come over here and haven't been tagged yet, considered yourself tagged !!!

1. I love metal rock. The noisier the better, but not the "violent for violent" kind. This doesn't match with my classic feminine exterior, if only they could hear what I'm listening to on my walkman...

2. I used to love starting projects, and rarely finishing them. When I was younger, my mom had to finish stitching more than one project !!!

3. I'm bilingual French/English in a weird natural way. My brain switches to one or the other language as necessary. Sometimes I'm not even aware which language I'm reading in, especially on computers where softwares can be in those languages.

4. As long as I can remember I've always loved swimming and being in the water. It's like second nature.

5. I'm ambidextrous. Originally I was left handed, and that's why I draw and stitch with my left hand (to my grandma's demise !!!!). I write with both hands, and play with the DS stylus with either hand as well. Weirdly enough, I crochet the right handed way, mostly because I self taught me and just followed the book instructions !!!

6. I'm a geek. Computers, video games, science... how does crafts fit in there?

7. I love cute things, like Hello Kitty, and have loads of plush animals. I'm now old enough not to face the "you're too old for that" ;) mentalities change I guess...

-----------------------------------------

Les 7 choses bizarres a propos de moi... c'est marrant comme les blogs en francais font 6 au lieu de 7... Les memes semblent muter avec le temps et le voyage de blog a blog ! Comme je dois etre une des dernieres a y repondre, je tagge toute lectrice qui n'a pas encore ete taggee.

1. J'aime le rock metal. Plus ca fait du bruit, plus j'aime, a moins que ce soit vraiment du hardos bourin, la ca va pas. Ca detonne pas mal avec mon exterieur classique et feminin... Ah, si seulement ils pouvaient entendre ce qui se passe sur mon walkman (mp3 quand meme... mais je reste fidele a Sony, donc pas de ipod).

2. Je suis biligue francais/anglais, mais mon cerveau fonctionne de facon bizarre, avec un bouton on/off qui passe d'une langue a l'autre. Parfois je ne me rends pas compte de la langue que je lis !!!

3. J'adore commencer les projets, mais pas de les finir, quoique ca va mieux maintenant. Mais avant ma maman devait finir mes broderies....

4. J'ai toujours adore l'eau, c'est comme si j'avais ete dauphin dans une autre vie.

5. Je suis ambidextre. Enfin, gauchere contrariee, mais si je dessine et brode de la main gauche, j'ecris et je manipule le stylet de la DS des deux mains, et je crochete de la main droite. Ceci est surtout du au fait que j'ai appris toute seule avec un bouquin, et evidemment j'ai suivi a la lettre !

6. Je suis une geekette. ordi, jeux videos, sciences... comment je suis autant dans les crafts?

7. J'adore les choses mignonnes et kawai, comme Hello Kitty, et j'ai plein de peluches. Et maintenant je suis assez vieille pour ne pas avoir de gens qui me disent "tu es trop vieille pour ca". Le paradoxe...

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

C'est marrant de lire cela, on te connait un peu mieux

Unknown said...

I'm a computer/gadget/techno geek too, so I don't think it's a weird correlation at all. For me at least, it all stems from an interest in knowing how things work and how to *make my own*. That's common to both craft skill and techno-savvy :-)

Leeland said...

Yup! All this and many other things makes you a fascinating person...
My children wish I were like you, mind you...
HUgs!
Lili

Anonymous said...

Excellent ;-D Ca confirme que tu es effectivement une personne très intéressante.