Thursday 28 February 2008

Have a cup of cheer

Thanks to chance and DBF being late for work and carrying my precious enveloppe wherever he goes... Lili finally got the pouch I made her last week. This is the thing I was stitching and couldn't tell you about.

I wanted to make something for Lili who is feeling very depressed these days. The idea of the pouch was immediate: A stitcher always need stitching pouches. I now have 2, and thinking about making a third (just to have something more springy on it !)

And when I saw that design from The Sampler girl, I knew I had to stitch it for her !!! In the meantime I had made the fimo rose pins, so I included a few in the package as well.

The chart doesn't include a colour key, but you know me, I like choosing my own colours... So I decided to stitch everything DMC, so the pouch would be washable (a must for carry-it anywhere pouch). I made her eyes blue like mine, same hair colour, only the shape of the hair is more Lili's than mine (!!!) but I didn't want to stray too far from the original design. I added 2 roses in bullion knots as a bonus.

The pouch itself.. I found that fabric in Hobbycraft, and the inside fabric is yet again a Flower Fairies fabric from the market a while ago... There's also an inside pocket.

I will let her give her impressions of the pouch on her blog, whenever she feels like blogging... Or read her comment on the previous post. Now on to the comments answers:

Patternnuts, the flower is the size of a regular water bottle cap, so (searching for a ruler, can't find any... let's estimate then !) H 2cm x W 4cm. So quite small...

Nela, no link to traductor, porque la traducion es un desastro, y looks like a giant joke. If you really want to translate, ask google translator... but be prepared to have something very far from the truth...

Ginny, I intentionally bought a house end of terrace, but away from the car park area to avoid noises of people coming back home late (or leaving early). My previous house was next to the car park and the noise was disturbing indeed !

Zohrah, glad to see you here... and glad to see you stitching again !!! Are you stitching the new "Home of a needleworker", or the old version? I thought about you yesterday because the nice optician lady's name yesterday was Begum !!!

People who followed the glasses disaster a few weeks ago will be happy to know I went to the optician yesterday, I had all the tests done, including a photograph of the inside of my eyes, and I have very healthy eyes. The only problem is they are better fit to see small details like stitching over one on 40ct, than seeing far away ;) But I'll ended up with new glasses (the optician nearly had an heart attack when I told her I have no spare!!!) in a week or so (lenses need to be ordered...).

In the "everything falls apart" section, the coffee maker was dripping so had to be replaced.
Well, tomorrow we will have a fun day at Excel's Stitching and Creative crafts expo, and despite the apparent small size of it, it will be a nie day out. After all, day out with stash is better than day out without !!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grace a un peu de chance, et un retard de DBF pour le boulot, et le fait qu'il se balade partout avec ma precieuse enveloppe, Lili a enfin eu son cadeau, une trousse de brodeuse que j'ai faite la semaine derniere sans pouvoir en parler.

Ca fait un moment que je voulais lui faire quelque chose car elle se sent pas bien, et des le depart je voulais faire une trousse. Une brodeuse a toujours besoin de trousses: j'en ai deux, et je pense en faire une troisieme, pour avoir quelque chose de plus printanier. Alors quand j'ai vu le design de The Sampler Girl, j'ai su que c'etait pour elle !

Comme j'ai fait les roses en fimo entre deux, j'ai aussi inclu ca dans le paquet.
J'ai tout brode en DMC car je voulais que la trousse soit lavable, un must pour une trousse censee se balader un peu partout. La ou la brodeuse va, la trousse et la broderie a l'interieur vont.


La grille est presentee sans references de couleur, mais vous savez deja que ca ne me gene pas ! J'ai mis des yeux bleus comme les miens, et la couleur de mes cheveux, mais la forme est plutot ceux de Lili, mais je n'ai pas voulu changer le design d'origine. Et j'ai ajoute 2 roses en point de poste pour le fun.

Le tissu externe vient de Hobbycraft, tandis que l'interieur est a nouveau du tissu "Flower Fairies" que j'ai eu au marche il y a des annees. J'ai aussi cousu une pochette interieure.
Lili vous donnera ses impressions elle meme sur son blog, ou lisez ses reactions dans les commentaires du post precedent !!!


Les gens qui ont suivi l'epopee des lunettes seront ravis de savoir que j'ai ete chez l'opticien hier, pour un test complet, incluant une photo du fond de l'oeil, et l'opticienne a dit que j'avais des yeux en parfaite sante. Le seul probleme est que ce sont des yeux adaptes a la vision minuscule de pres, genre broder sur un fil, et pas pour voir de loin. Donc dans une semaine a peu pres, j'aurai des nouvelles lunettes.

Dans la section "tout tombe en panne", la cafetiere a rendu l'ame, en coulant d'endroit suspects, donc il a fallu la remplacer.

Demain nous irons a l'expo de Excel London "Stitching and creative crafts", et j'espere m'y amuser malgre l'apparente petitesse de l'endroit ! Enfin, une journee avec de la broderie est mieux qu'une journee sans...

9 comments :

Leeland said...

LOL! Very well said!
I am so thrilled with your lovely pouch, I think I'll make a post in which I'll say how beautiful it is, and how priviledged I feel and -I'll keep the rest for my blog. Lol- and link to this post so people can see it. That will be fun -and I won't have to make a pic and upload it as it's still a painful proocess for me... Lol!!! I only master my scan...

Anonymous said...

c'est adorable! et quelle gentille attention! bah alors, la cafetière aussi maintenant...pffff
bisous

Anonymous said...

Comme elle est mimi cette pochette de brodeuse ^^
Bon salon et gros bisous

Unknown said...

Beautiful pouch! I like the roses you added :-)

Unknown said...

Very nice puch indeed, I bet that helped cheer her up. :) Glad your getting new glasses too, I alaso have no spare soi must be careful with mine.

Aussie Stitcher said...

I glad that the pouch cheered Lili. Curly Q Ewe is looking lovely.

Ginny said...

The pouch is so cute; I think I'll have to make one for myself! And so nice of you to make it to cheer up a friend.

There are advantages to being nearsighted when it comes to stitching, aren't there? I often find myself peering above or below my glasses when working on a project.

nela said...

Hola San... esa bolsa esta linda a Lili le gustara...
si se que las traductores son horribles... pero no se por que la barra de google desde hace una semana no me traduce tu pagina, da error. tengo que copiar y pegar en la web... y traducir.... eso no me pasaba antes

Anonymous said...

Hello and good afternoon San. I did not know there was a new version...went to check. I'm stitching the old version. I think the new one is more livelier.

This is the 4th week being sick again. I've ceased all stitching yet again. My head is throbbing with pain and more pain only.

I think it is high time, I went to see an optician too. :-)