Friday 25 April 2008

A bit of darker side...

Well, a bit of purple and black now... Aquasize and a bit of tiredness make me a slow stitcher... And I feel my interest in the project fall a bit. Well, it's ok in the morning, but in the evening... I have the hardest time concentrating on crafts. And the paradox is that evenings are the time I have more time for crafting !!!!

So I "kitted" "Pretty in pink" from Brightneedle. The idea is to use it for a pouch. But in its 80x80 stitches form, it would be too big, so I will have to leave out the baskets and flowers. I had to choose my own colours too, because the Anchor->DMC conversion I have doesn't fit that pattern, and there is no way to replace the overdyed threads. So it will end up as a surprise.

The question of the week is about blending and how we manage them. This question is critical for me at the moment, as the purple is blue/purple on the picture. The way I do it is that I try to stitch most of the blended colour in one go, and keep the leftover on a sorting cardboard, with the symbol of the colour on it. Of course the cut threads of the kit make it easy to get the same lengh of threads, etc...

Lili, I have a Clover cutter too, I never use it, too much sheering... From the list Ash sent of items allowed in a plane, apparently 4inches blades sharp scissors are you usual size medium scissors. I have to say I was very surprised to see that. Now you can bring sharps, but no gel or liquid.... It's a mad world...

Ash, I've been to the US a few times, from coast to coast... I think I've visited most of it, cities, National Parks, small towns... Besides, I think New York is one of the most "european" american cities. I guess if I can survive Oxford street (London) on a Saturday afternoon, I can survive New York, crowd wise ;)

I'm not really keen on reenacting "The Wizard of Oz", especially since my worst fear is probably strong winds ;)

Zohrah, what about a purple cat? What would I get for it? ;)

------------------------------------------------------------

Bon, un peu de mauve et de noir... L'aquagym et la fatigue me rendent lente.... En plus, je perds un peu la motivation pour broder ce truc. Je suis ok le matin, mais le soir, j'ai du mal a me concentrer, ce qui est paradoxal vu que c'est le soir que j'ai du temps pour crafter.

Donc j'ai rassemble les trucs pour broder "Pretty in Pink" de Brightneedle, pour le mettre sur une trousse de brodeuse. Mais le format 80x80 est trop grand pour la taille de la trousse, je vais donc jarter les paniers et fleurs. En plus j'improvise les couleurs, car entre les conversions Anchor->DMC qui ne correspondent pas et les fils varies que je n'ai pas... j'ai decide de faire "a ma mode"

La question de la semaine est a propos de l'organisation des "blends", ce qui est essentiel pour moi en ce moment, vu que le mauve de l'image est en fait un melange bleu/mauve. Perso, j'essaye de broder le plus en un coup, et le reste est mis sur un carton a trous, avec le symbole. Je dois dire que le fait que les fils sont deja coupes dans le kit est une grande aide.

Lili, j'ai aussi un clover, que je n'utilise pas, car ca "dechire" le fil... Et apparemment, on peut emporte meme des ciseaux de 4inches, ce qui est la taille moyenne des ciseaux... et ca fait peur. Maintenant on peut emporter des trucs coupants et pas les liquides? le monde est fou...

Ash, j'ai deja ete aux USA quelques fois, un peu partout... et donc j'ai vu a la fois les grandes villes, la campagne, le far West, etc... et en plus New York est une des villes les plus europeennes de l'Amerique. Et si je survis a Oxford street (Londres) un samedi apres midi, je dois survivre a New York, niveau foule...

En plus je n'ai pas trop envie de me retrouver dans le Magicien d'Oz, surtout que j'ai horreur des vents forts !!!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

San...what would you like?

Zohrah

patternnuts said...

Beautiful job so far on the birds! I love chickadees and all those other fat little birds! Lol.
Do you get the newlsetter from LionBrand? They had amigurumi (sp)mentioned in this week's....

Anonymous said...

Moi aussi je suis crevée après l'aquagym !!
cela avance bien !

Leeland said...

The addition of purple on the design makes it even more beautiful...
I'm afraid that when Pretty in Pink is kitted up, you won't feel very much like stitching the birds...
I never use my clover either... but I would definitely go for it in a plane as I'm sure it's 100% safe to take it with you. Small scissors will be accepted by some companies/people, not by others...
Enjoy your week end! Here, it's sunny... Yummy!
Hugs!
Lili