Tuesday 29 July 2008

My first tatted star....

Thank you so much for comments on Home of a Needle worker... you are too kind to ignore the mistakes I made !!!!

Yesterday i progressed on "Busy Needle", but today I will show you my tatted star.

It took 2 days to make. I used some blue/white variegated thread size 5 or 8 I had in my stash. Because of the thickness of the thread, it's quite big: bigger thant he palm of my hand.

SO on the practical side, even if it screams "Christmas", it wouldn't fit in the tree, so I will have to find something else....

I was so happy when I found the tatting community, and even a Yahoo group (check the blog links on the left column), but ont he day I joined, a flame war occured and now the list will be closed end of August !!!! This is really unlucky I guess...

Oh well, I will be starting a new project today, but I'm not sure what yet.... we'll see...

---------------------------------------------

Merci pour les commentaires sur "Home..", c'est gentil d'ignorer mes erreurs !!!

J'ai bosse sur "Busy Needle" hier, mais aujourd'hui je voudrais montrer mon etoile en frivolite que j'ai finie hier soir. C'est fait en fil varie assez gros, du coup l'etoile est plus grande que ma main. Ce qui pose probleme car c'est trop grand pour le sapin ! Il va falloir trouver autre chose...

Sinon, j'avais trouve un yahoo group pour la frivolite, mais il y a eu une guerre et maintenant la liste va etre fermee... c'est vraiment pas de pot !!!

Maintenant je vais commencer un autre projet, mais je ne sais pas encore lequel....

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

Je la trouve tres jolie, le fil est ters beau, legerement degrade !!!
Tu peux pas la durcir et faire une etoile qui sera sur le dessus du sapin ?
Je pense que c'est dur de manager un groupe car on met ensemble des personnes qui ne se connaissent pas, et donc forcement il peut y avoir des frictions, une passion ne suffit pas !

Annie said...

The star really turned out well. You're getting better and better with all of the practice. One question I have about tatting... does a shuttle hold enough thread to complete a motif like this? Or do you have to stop in the middle to wind more and attach?

Nathdmc said...

Coucou ! Très jolie travail, je t'admire de t'être lancer dans cette activité !!!!
cc ton groupe, je crois qu'un veut de folie souffle et tempête sur les forums actuellement. Celui auquel je participe (basé sur le crochet) est actuellement en pleine crise lui aussi, mais les choses sont en train de s'arranger grace à la communication.......
Biz et encore Félicitations, Nath.

Kucki68 said...

May be on a dark card as a greeting card? It looks great.

Unknown said...

What a lovely star motif. Thank you for the picture.

Ginny said...

Your star is beautiful! How about starching it really well and hanging it in a window?

You asked previously what my daughter has tatted . . . she's done bookmarks and Christmas ball covers. I'm sure there are other things, but I can't bring them to mind right now! She does beautiful work and is definitely a perfectionist. I'm going to send her the link to this blog post - I know she'll like your star.