Sunday, 26 July 2009

Stitching fairy finished !!!

Click on the picture to see it bigger...

I wanted to finish it yesterday, and the mission is completed ! My grandma had problems and fainted a few times because of low pressure (she took the wrong meds together), so we did a bit of "granny sitting" yesterday afternoon and evening, and this time I took my stitching with me.

Of course grandma is all ok now, we had to stay just in case (she's living alone and has a tendancy to think she's much younger than she is...)

I really enjoyed stitching this project, and the big challenge was all that silver metallic stitching. But I used one thread of metallic and one of cotton, and it was ok. I have to say the new DMC metallics are a lot stronger than before... that's also an advantage.

I didn't do the french knots on the yellow of the clothes because I don't like polka dots, and the project is "busy" enough !

Because I don't feel like starting a new project, and I'm still in a Joan Elliott period, so I'm going to work on Mama Christmas next.

---------------------------------

Cliquez sur l'image pour la voir en grand...

Je voulais finir la stitching fairy hier, et c'est mission accomplie ! Même si on a du faire du "grandmère sitting" hier, car elle a fait des malaises (chute de tension pour cause de mauvais mix de médicaments), mais j'avais pris de quoi broder. Elle va bien maintenant, il fallait juste la surveiller car elle a tendance à croire qu'elle a 20ans, et comme elle vit seule...

Donc, la stitching fairy... j'ai beaucoup aimé la broder, le plus difficile était tout l'argenté à faire, mais grâce aux nouveaux fils DMC plus solides et le fait de mélanger métallique et coton, ca a été.

Je n'ai ps fait les pois sur la robe car je n'aime pas ça,e t cela ferait trop chargé.

Et maintenant je reprends Mama Christmas car je n'ai pas envie de commencer quelque chose, et je suis toujours à fond dans Joan Elliott !



Post a Comment