Saturday 4 July 2009

What to do in the hot weather?

Hot, very hot weather struck us and left us in a sweaty lethargy... We are not used to that in Belgium, which has a reputation for rain and grey clouds !!! ;)

So I'm not really motivated to created yarn creatures at the moment (yarn!!!), but I got bitten by the stitching bug (and mosquitos, but that's another story), and I'm progressing on the bunny. Just the butterflies left before the long backstitching. And after so long without stitching I'm looking forward to that "drawing in thread" !

Of course, sandugurumis should come back shortly, as DBF is here to motivate me ! I'm on Etsy for one month now, and I sold all my patterns but the Christmas boy (who wants winter in this hot weather?), some several times, so I'm glad of the achievement, it was quicker than expected ! Some people say it's a slow period for Etsy, and there is something wrong with the google referencing, but I've enjoyed the experience so far.

Now I'm home for the week end, which is rare, so I'm enjoying the fresh air of early morning, and DBF thinks I'm a bit mad I guess...

-----------------------------------------------

Il fait si chaud ici, dans cette Belgique à la réputation de pluie et de grisaille, que l'idée même de manipuler de la laine donne chaud ! Alors forcément, mes petits bonshommes sont au point mort.

Par contre j'ai été mordue par la broderie (et les moustiques, mais c'est autre chose), et le lapin progresse. Plus que les papillons et je m'attaque au "dessin au fil". Et ca fait tellement longtemps que je ne l'ai plus fait que j'ai hate en fait.

Sinon, il est évident que mes sandougurumis vont revenir en force, surtout que DBF est là pour me motiver ! Je dois dire que après un mois sur Etsy, j'ai vendu tous mes modèles (sauf celui de Noel, mais il y a une logique la dedans par cette canicule ;), bien plus vite que je ne le pensais ! certains disent que c'est une période creuse (forcément, loin des fêtes !), et qu'il y a des problèmes entre Etsy et le référencement Google, mais j'apprécie cette expérience.

Pour une fois je suis à la maison pour le week end, et je profite de la fraicheur du matin, même si DBF me dit que je vais m'écrouler l'après midi, pas grave...

1 comment :

Nathdmc said...

Félicitations pour tes ventes !!! C'est super je suis vraiment très contente pour toi, tu redoutais de n'avoir aucune visite.......
Très belle avancée sur ton Somebunny !
Bizoux,