Sunday 24 January 2010

A feel of Spring - Easter Bunny finished !!!

First, let me introduce you to Egghead chick, my newest critter. I might make him some friends for Easter...

But I'm sure you would be more interested in the fact that I finally finished the Easter Bunny !!! Click here to see a big picture. It's finished, and yet... it's not really finished, as I didn't write any names at the top or anything. And of course, I want to turn it into an egg shape bag like in the magazine.

Yesterday was particular, because I finally received the 2 CrossStitch Collection magazines I ordered on December 3rd !!!! I know about the postal strikes, and the fact that the magazines visited Europe (especially Germany) before reaching me, so I was leaving them until beginning of February... But here they are ! And in them, there are the Autumn and the Winter fairies from Joan Elliott. I especiually love the winter fairy, so I will start it straight away (this is why the bunny is finished so quick !)

So the Winter fairy... I will use a fabric my friend Kim dyed for me a while ago, all in purple and blue, very like the one in the magazine. And it's 16 aida. I have most of the threads, I think that in the long list I only miss 4 colours max. And I have the beads. So I'm basically ready to go !!!

-----------------------

Tout d'abord, laissez-moi vous présenter mon dernier petit, Crane d'oeuf le poussin. Je pense lui faire des petits amis pour Paques.

Mais vous serez surement plus intéressés par le lapin de Paques, qui est enfin fini !!!! Cliquez ici pour le voir en plus grand. Enfin, pas vraiment fini, car je n'ai pas mis de nom au dessus, et je dois encore en faire un sac en forme d'oeuf comme dans le magazine.

Hier j'ai enfin reçu les deux magazines CrossStitch Collection que j'avais commandés le 3 décembre. Avec les grèves des postes, et le fait qu'ils aient fait le tour de l'Europe (surtout en Allemagne), je leur avais laissé jusque début février, donc voilà. Ils ont les fées de l'Automne et de l'hiver de Joan Elliott. J'aime particulièrement celle d'hiver.

Et donc c'est le projet que je commence dès aujourd'hui. Je vais broder sur la toile mauve/bleue que Kim m'a teinte il y a un bout de temps, en aida, et qui ressemble fort à la toile du magazine. J'ai quasiment tous les fils (il ne 'en manque que 4 je crois), j'ai les perles, donc tout est prêt !

7 comments :

annelize said...

The Easter bunny looks great. She is so colourful and cheerful.
I'm looking forward to seeing the fairy come to life - face first!

Annette said...

What a cutie...
Congratx on the finished not finished piece

Nathdmc said...

Ton piou-piou de Crane d'oeuf est vraiment trop mimi....
J'aime beaucoup ton Easter Bunny, quel courage que de t'être lancé dans ce projet, et à peine fini, tu recommence avec le Johan Elliot !!!! Félicitations !
Poutoux du soir,

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your finish San! Have fun with your new projects. Ann

Unknown said...

Congrats on both your finishes! The egghead is adorable!

Cathy said...

Love your Easter Bunny. Can't wait to watch your progress on Winter Fairy. I also love Joan Elliot.

Lutine said...

Il est très réussi ton petit lapin j'adore !
J'ai hâté de voir ton nouveau projet !