Monday 26 April 2010

KC blog week day 1 - Starting out

How and when did you begin knitting/crocheting? was it a skill passed down through generations of your family, or something you learned from Knitting For Dummies? What or who made you pick up the needles/hook for the first time? Was it the celebrity knitting ‘trend’ or your great aunt Hilda?

When I was a little girl, I remember my mom was always knitting or crocheting. And when my brother was about to be born, my grandmas also started knitting baby clothes, that would survive as doll clothes later on. But I first hold knitting needles at school, when we were supposed to make a square or something. I remember practising with my grandma, and putting the knitting in a calendar tea towel afterwards... It was very hard work, and all that to see the teacher detroy my little square because « I wasn't finished in time » !!!

So that was it for me. Anyway, my mom was the knitter in the family. And the 80ies were there, so knitted sweaters weren't really in fashion or anything. I did make a jumper for a Strawberry shortcake doll once and yes, see how tiny that is, but that was it.

Crochet I only started by looking in books, and it was doilies and such. Only a few years ago did I dare try amigurumis and crocheting yarns in round. I was so scared of it, and it's so easy when you think of it !!!

I got back into knitting only recently, once again with books, sort of a challenge to DBF's mom
(who is a big knitter too) who told me I should get into knitting, and no, it's not just sweaters. So I knit, but not sweaters...

----------------------------------

Comment et quand as-tu commencé le tricot / crochet ? Est-ce un savoir-faire qui passe de génération en génération dans ta famille ou quelque chose que tu as appris dans Le tricot pour les Nuls ?
Quoi ou qui t'as fait prendre les aiguilles / le crochet pour la première fois ? Etait-ce le fait que le tricot revienne à la mode ou ta grande tante Hilda ?

Quand j'étais petite, ma maman tricotait et crochetait tout le temps. Et quand mon frère était sur le point de naître, mes grand mères s'y sont mises aussi, pour faire des vêtements de bébé, qui ont ensuite été recyclés en vêtements de poupée.

La première fois que j'ai tenu des aiguilles à tricoter, c'était un projet à l'école, un simple carré. Je me souviens d'y avoir travaillé avec ma grand mère de longues heures, et aussi de la serviette calendrier dans laquelle on mettait l'ouvrage après. Et tout ça pour que la maîtresse détricote mes efforts en 1min devant moi, sous prétexte que je n'avais pas fini à temps !!!

Donc pour moi le tricot a été fini, surtout que ma mère tricotait quand on avait besoin. J'ai quand même fait un pull pour une charlotte aux fraises une fois ( et oui, vous voyez comme c'est petit !!!!), mais c'est tout.

J'ai appris le crochet dans les livres, et je faisais uniquement des napperons, jusqu'à récemment où j'ai découvert les amigurumis et que j'ai osé crocheter en rond. C'est si facile,e t dire que j'avais si peur de me lancer !!!

Et j'ai repris le tricot récemment car tout le monde tricote, et la maman de DBF m'a lancé une sorte de challenge en disant »on ne fait pas que des pulls en tricot », donc je tricote, mais pas de pulls !!!!

1 comment :

Annette said...

I learn everyting from friend and on the web..
I love to do al kinds of craft, at the moment I'm trying to learn crochet, but had to litle time for it.... I hav learned it when I was 12 but forgot about it..