Sunday 2 May 2010

KC blog day 7 - What a Yarn

There’s one love that we all share: yarn. Blog about a particular yarn you have used in the past or own in your stash, or perhaps one that you covet from afar. If it is a yarn you have used you could show the project that you used it for, perhaps writing a mini ‘review’. Perhaps, instead, you pine for the feel of the almost mythical qiviut? You could explore and research the raw material and manufacturing process if you were feeling investigative.

For amigurumis, I use acrylic yarn. Plain and simple, and I can get many colours for cheap. But if I make something to wear, I can't stand much on my skin. But for scarves, I found that "bouclé" yarn, very soft and warm. I made my scarf/hood last year, and now I'm making a scarf for DBF...

---------------------------------

Mais quel fil !
Il y a un amour que nous partageons tous : le fil. Ecris au sujet d'un fil particulier que tu utilisais avant ou qui est dans ton stock, ou peut-être que tu convoites de loin. Si c'est un fil que tu as déjà utilisé tu peux montrer le projet que tu as réalisé avec, peut-être écrire une mini critique. Peut-être, à la place, tu te languis pour le toucher de la presque mythique laine de yack ? Tu peux explorer et rechercher les materiaux bruts et le processus de fabrication si tu te sens d'humeur investigatrice.

Pour mes amigurumis, j'utilise toujours de l'acrylique, simple et assez bon marché pour avoir plein de couleurs. Par contre, pour mettre sur la peau, je ne supporte pas grand chose. J'ai trouvé le bouclé pour les écharpes, je me suis fait une écharpe/capuche l'an dernier, et maintenant je fais une écharpe pour DBF.

No comments :