Wednesday 11 January 2012

Harvest Moon character charm

At the moment I spend most of my free time playing "Harvest Moon Tales of Two Towns" on my NDS console. I love gadgets and goodies, but Harvest Moon games aren't really popular outside Japan, where people buying the games even get cute Alpaca plushies and stuff as bonus.

So what would a crafter do? Make our own stuff !!!! And so I used the shrinking plastic to make this Harvest Moon character charm. It's so easy :

1 - Find a nice picture on the web.
2 - Print the picture. It has to be big, I used 9 cm wide.
3 - Put the plastic on top of the picture, and as it's trasnparent, you can colour the zones with colouring pencils.
4 - Use a permanent marker to draw the picture (here I used sepia for a softer result)
5 - Cut the picture (including a hole for the ring), 5 min at 175c in the oven, and voilà !

I don't know if I will use it as keyring, charm on my handbag or my console...
You can check out the original picture as it is on the DS screen at the end of the post....

--------------------------

En ce moment je passe pas mal de temps sur le jeu "Harvest Moon Tales of Two Towns" sur ma DS. J'adore les produits dérivés, mais les jeux Harvest Moon ne sont pas populaires en dehors du Japon, où les gens qui achètent le jeu ont même droit à une peluche Alpaca en bonus !!!


Alors, que faire? Fabriquer ses trucs soi-même. Et avec le plastique dingue, cela devient enfantin !


1 - Trouver une belle image sur internet
2 - Imprimer en grand, environ 9cm de large
3 - Décalquer l'image, d'abord le coloriage au crayon, puis le contour au marqueur permanent.
4 - Découper, et ne pas oublier de perforer un trou pour l'anneau.
5 - Cuire 5min à 175c, aplatir et voilà !


Je ne sais pas encore si je vais l'accrocher à ma console, mon sac, mes clefs.... on verra bien !
Vous pouvez voir ci dessous l'image d'origine sur la console...

2 comments :

Lutine said...

C'est tres sympa en tout cas !
Ca parait tres ludique a faire !

Nathdmc said...

Ca à l'air super sympa cette technique !!!
Jolie travail !
Biz, Nath.