Friday 23 January 2015

Coming soon: beaded animals

When you stitch a big project, frog a bit of it, don't stitch much anyway, there isn't much to show or tell. Remember how enthousiastic I was about stitching at the beginning of the month, with so many projects to make, etc.... That was until I looked at the file where I archived the stitched pieces I didn't hang on the walls or gave away. So many stitched fabrics just put in an album... for nothing ! And if you count the 288 something stitched things I made in my life, you understand my discouragement : why bother?

The mini Pluto charm is always on my phone, so it's no problem for it, but a big project that can only be framed (I already havetoo many cushions)... I don't think I need to stitch it as fast as a sewing machine ;)

I wonder what are you thoughs about it, especially the long time stitchers out there with walls filled with framed stitches....

Needless to say I spent more time reading and playing video games (Farmville 2 Country Escape, Hungry cat picross on Android, and Fantasy Life on 3DS)

Then yesterday I came across this great book about making beaded animals. If you follow my blog you know I made quite a few already. I had the first book a few years ago, and this one is even better !!!
I hesitated between buying it straight away or buying on Amazon, and ended up buying in the shop at the editor's price of 10 euros. After all, it couldn't be much cheaper on the web, and I didn't want to wait for the delivery. I had to check afterwards, and I realised how lucky my move was : only second hand available at 23 euros minimum !

Now I have to start beading....

No comments :