Wednesday 11 April 2018

Tatting on the edge

After a very long time not crafting at all, I felt the urge to do some tatting. Why tatting? It's portable, I have all the patterns, materials, etc....

We were approaching  Easter at the time, and I thought it would be fun to make motifs to stick on the mini paper eggs I still have from ages ago.

So I tatted motifs. I will photograph them and post them here when I have the courage to do so. Then I came across a pattern for those mini baskets from the previous post. And I ended up making one for each in my family as Easter present.

In the meantime, I felt like I needed more edgings for my plain tshirts. I decided to start simple, with one shuttle, size 50 DMC thread, and Mary Konior's Curds and Whey pattern.


I posted this on the Just-Tatting facebook group and got a massive response. Several people even started tatting it as well ! It felt good to be back in the sharing crafting community....

No comments :