Wednesday, 23 April 2008

Finally some stitching

I stitched most of the middle chickadee last week, but I stitched the rest yesterday evening, so you can see it's a quick stitch ! I love Dimension's 3 colours charts. Really clear to read.

I decided to stitch crosses first, then half stitches, otherwise it might be a bit confusing as I tend to stitch crosses by rows of half stitches back and forth... ;)

Now, something really funny is happening on this blog. Come on, be honnest : most of you don't care about amigurumis, right? It's just that comments on crochet posts are sparse, but people comment on my Sarah Kay finnish even a week after I posted it !!!

I have to admit I don't know what I will do of Sarah Kay... I don't feel like framing her... but I don't want to make "yet another bag". And talking about bags, I tested the Curly bag on travel, and it's really nice. Just the handles are a bit too big, but I can shorten them. I should also make a little tie thing at the bottom of the bag to tie it to the suitcase. More later. I made that bag so big it can also be used as a shopping bag. Amazing.

DBF has decided we should go to New York for a week in August, and of course I will follow !!!! But as a crafter, questions come to mind:
- What can you bring in the plane nowadays? No stitching I guess, but what about crochet hooks? Minimal size?
- Where are the needlecraft shops in Manhattan?
- Any practical advice?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Si j'ai brode la mesange du milieu pendant les vacances, le reste a ete fait hier. Autant dire que c'est un truc facile a broder !!! J'aime la grille en 3 couleurs specifique a Dimension... Super facile a lire.

J'ai decide de faire les croix d'abord, puis les demi points, car comme je fais mes croix par lignes de demi points, ca rique d'etre confusionnant.

J'observe un truc ters amusant sur ce blog. Allons, avouez, vous vous fichez pas mal des petits bonhommes en crochet !!!! La preuve: quelques rares commentaires sur eux, alors que Sarah Kay recolte des commentaires encore une semaine apres le post !!!

J'ai toujours aucune idee de ce que je vais faire de Sarah Kay d'ailleurs, j'ai pas envie de l'encadrer, et je ne veux pas encore faire un sac. Et parlant de sac, le sac Curly a eu son test "voyage", et a reussi. Les poignees sont juste un peu longues, mais c'est pas dur a raccourcir, et je dois faire un lien pour attacher a la valise. sinon, c'est assez grand pour faire ses courses ce sac-la !!!

DBF organise un voyage d'une semaine a New York en Aout, et donc en tant que crafteuse... j'ai des questions a vous poser:
- Qu'est ce qu'on peut vraiment emporter dans la cabine maintenant? Je suppose que je ne pourrai pas prendre de broderie, mais des crochets? et quelle taille minimale?
- Ou sont les boutiques de broderie dans Manhattan?
- D'auters conseils?
Post a Comment