Thursday 22 May 2008

Garden Girl... almost !

Yesterday, 8.15pm : I'm in the middle of stitching the border of Garden girl, when I run out of DMC 931. Of course, Hobbycraft is closed at 8.00pm. Doh !

It's a shame, because I was on a roll. The side was hard enough, and I thought of you, Ginny, with your borders not joining up... Because the design is about 2 stitches higher than it should be. So I had to compensate with 3 "over 3" stitches along the way.

That's the good thing about linen, if you notice problems early, you can compensate with "over 3" or "over 1" stitches (in only onedirection of course).

As it was still early, I started "Home of a needleworker (too)" because I didn't feel like stitching fancy stuff. I'm always more concentrated in the morning, so that's when I stitch my sampler and other complex stuff. And about the sampler, I only have 4 bees to stitch and it will be done ! Looks like I will be doing some sewing this long week end...

Patternnuts, I don't think there is a specific name for animals made out of beads. It's a sort of bead weaving... Scoubidous have another name in English, but I don't remember what it is... it's those plastic tubes you bread a certain way... it became popular again last year over here.

---------------------------------

Hier, 20h15: Je brode allegrement la bordure de "garden Girl", tres motivee, quand je tombe a court de DM 931. D'habitude j'ai toujours une echevette d'avance, mais ca fait 3 plombes que je n'ai pas achete de fils... et Hobbycraft ferme a 20h. Doh !

En plus la bordure n'est pas evidente car le projet est environ 2 croix de plus que l'original en hauteur, donc j'ai du compenser avec des croix "sur 3 fils" a la place de 2. C'est l'avantage de travailler sur du lin: si on se rend compte des problemes a temps, on peut compenser en faisant des croix "sur 3 fils" ou "sur un fil" dans une direction a la place de tout recommencer !

Comme il etait encore tot, j'ai commence "Home of a needleworker (too)" car je n'etais pas dans l'esprit de faire des trucs complexes. Ca, c'est reserve plutot au matin ou je suis plus concentree. C'est d'ailleurs ainsi que mon sampler est presque fini. il ne me manque que les dernieres abeilles.

Je sens que je vais avoir de la couture a faire ce week end de 3 jours, surtout que je n'ai pas encore fait ma trousse "lapins et fraises".

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Elle est trop chou!! Arghhhhhhh la panne de fils!! J'ai une mercerie à côté qui ferme à 19h, donc si ça m'arrivait grrrrrrr, il faudrait attendre le lendemain soir vu que le matin, je ne pense pas que la bonne dame ouvre avant que je parte au boulot!
J'ai hâte de voir tes finitions!
Bisous

Anonymous said...

MErci pour l'astuce sur els croix de trois fils
Je ne connaissais pas
C"est une bonne idee !

Leeland said...

It's beautiful and I really love the message in there...
Short of DMC 931... My, I would've yelled all over the place! Lol!!!
HUgs!
Lili

Ginny said...

I'm glad you were able to fix your border! Would you believe I had to pull out some of mine again? It's fixed now. Hooray!

How frustrating to run out of floss just after the needlework store closes! Sounds like something that would happen to me.