Friday 23 May 2008

When magazines try to trick us....

This deserves a whole post for itself... Stay tuned for my Bee Harmony happy dance.

Yesterday, after I finished Bee Harmony, I decided to work on the owl.

Remember how I complained about the dark fabric being visible under my clear stitches?

I was thinking about all thatgreen and blue I would have to stitch after the owl, and looking at the model picture when I saw those stitches had clear spots underneath.

So I looked closely at the model and that's when I realised the stitched piece has been stitched on white, and then the thing has been cut and paste onto dark blue aida ! If you look at the close up, it becomes very clear indeed....

No wonder the owl looks all plump and white on the model...

----------------------

Ceci est tellement choquant que j'ai decide de faire un message special, ne manquez pas le suivant avec mon sampler termine !

Donc, hier soir, apres avoir fini mon sampler, je me suis remise au hibou. J'etais entrain de contempler tout le vert et bleu qu'il faudrait faire apres le hibou, quand j'ai realise que le fond de ces croix etait clair.

En observant bien, la broderie a ete faite sur toile claire, et apres manipulation graphique, elle a ete collee sur la toile foncee !!!! Regardez la photo de pres....

Je me plaignait que mon hibou avait la toile apparente sous les croix, alors que le modele etait tout beau tout blanc, ben c'est pas etonnant !!!!

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

ohhhhhhhh!! Cette arnaque!!!!!!!!
Bah le tien sera plus joli d'abord!!
je n'en reviens pas!
bisous

Anonymous said...

Et ben c'est incroyable !!!
un truc de fou !
s'ils trafiquent les images de broderie ou va le monde ?

Chiloe said...

Après le gommage de cellulite, la disparition des rides, le gonflage de seins, voilà qu'on nous fait le coup de la photo de broderie retouchée :-o Incroyable ... et tellement décevant ...

Leeland said...

Alors là, je suis verte! Même pas le courage de l'écrire en anglais. C'est SCAN-DA-LEUX!!!
Cela dit, pour moi, ton hibou évolue de nuit, il ne peut donc avoir de couleurs franches... alors ça le fait toujous super bien! Mais le procédé, c'est scandaleux... Je suis verte foncée!!!
Ca fonce encore...
Gros bisou à toi et respect pour avoir repéré cette manipulation!!!
Lili

patternnuts said...

Oh my word! How sneaky!!!!!!!

Zeb said...

Ooohh!!! That is really not cool! I always assumed you could trust these magazines to be reliable sources of information, but when they lie to us like that!? Not cool at all.

Thankfully I don't buy Q&E anymore unless there is a specific pattern in it that I like, but since it's the same crowd that does the Cross Stitcher, I will be a bit more vigilant.
Thanks for the heads up!

Ginny said...

I have to say, that's absolutely horrible! If only they'd told you how to do that for your finished project.