Friday 4 July 2008

Now with hands

To people on the American continent: Happy 4th of July ! Here, and especially in France, we celebrate the liberation of Ingrid de Betancourt, and it's an amazing thing, a testimony that happy endings can happen. Sometimes.

As for me, I spent time with a hook in hand... but I'm not finished with my little critter yet. Stitching is slow again, I don't really feel like stitching somehow. But the fairy is able to stitch now, with hands and a hoop ;)

I also spent a lot of time reading, my book at the moment is "Divas don't knit". Why is it always about knitting? Where are all the stitchers out there?

The weather here is either stormy and wet or very hot, so I'm glad I don't have to work at the moment... one of those precious things...

------------------------------

Pour ceux en Amerique... Bon 4 juillet !!! Si vous etes en France, je suis sure que vous suivez la liberation de Ingrid de Betancourt etape par etape... On ne peut pas y echapper. Pour une fois que ca se termine bien, ca rend un peu de foi en l'humanite ;)

Personellement, j'ai repris mon crochet, et je suis lente a faire un petit amigurumi... La broderie pendant ce temps est quasi inexistante, meme si la fee est desormais en position pour broder avec ses mains et son tambour.

Je passe beaucoup de temps a lire, et en ce moment c'est "Divas don't knit", sur des tricoteuses... Mais pourquoi un tel engouement pour le tricot? Ou sont les brodeuses?

Le temps ici est soit orageux soit tres chaud, donc je suis contente de n'avoir pas a travailler !

Mais la motivation generale n'est pas au rendez-vous non plus malheureusement...

5 comments :

Anonymous said...

Effectivement, elle peut broder maintenant!!
Par chez moi, pas de motivation pour broder non plus ces derniers jours, je ne sais pas si c'est la chaleur, mais à part dormir, rien ne me tente!
bisous bisous

Annie said...

She's looking good. I'm glad she can stitch even if you don't feel up to it. And I'm loving the new crocheted doll book. I made the little hands. I just love everything in there.

Anonymous said...

your stitching is looking good we all have our off days i love stitching but sometimes swop it for a little knitting, reading or crochet... got to be doing somehtinglol

Desi said...

Hello! My nickname is Diva and I certainly knit! So there. I really like your bunny.

Kucki68 said...

Have you read Monica Ferris' series? While there is knitting in there, theres is also cross stich and all sorts of needle work.