Sunday 10 August 2008

Suddently ... pictures ;)

After a long time of "what do I want to stitch ?", I took Cinderella for a little row of crosses, then I decided to stitch "Dragon of Hope, a freebie from Dragon Dreams I meant to stitch for a long time now.

I decided to use a purple fabric my friend Kim hand dyed herself, close to the colours of the stitching, but still quite different to see the stitches. Plus I love that colour of fabric...

For the moment it's a bit of a blob, but the Earth is already finished.

I also finished a big tatted snowflake. Well, bigger than the others, but the picture is still life size. I forgot to join a few times, so I had to add pieces of threads here and there... but who will know ?

And finally here is an inchy I made earlier this week, but I only put the back fabric and the eyelet yesterday. 4 leaves, a few crosses and 2 beads in the middle... And it's so small I was able to put a mobile thingy on it !!!! Incredible...

On Thursday, only a week before going away from England, I was in Waitrose, and what did I see? Altoid boxes ! I will have to stock up... But that means I will have to find tutorials to decorate them on Focus on Finishing...

---------------------------

Apres un certain temps de "que vais-je broder?" j'ai decide de broder "dragon of Hope", un freebie de Dragon Dreams. Ca fait un bout de temps que je voulais le broder, donc voila !

J'ai choisi une toile que mon amie Kim a teinte elle-meme, en mauve/bleu... Les couleurs sont proches mais assez eloignees de la couleur des fils pour faire un peu ton sur ton...

Pour l'instant, la terre est faite, et une partie du dragon... c'est sympa a faire !

J'ai aussi fini un grand flocon en frivolite (grand par rapport aux autres), et j'ai oublie de joindre une paire de fois, donc il y a des bouts de fils en plus, mais qui le remarquera?

Enfin, voici une photo d'un inchy que j'ai fait dans la semaine, mais je n'ai fait l'arriere et l'oeilleton qu'hier. C'est assez petit pour mettre un attache de portable...

Sinon, le comble, une semaine avant de quitter l'Angleterre, je decouvre des boites Altoids au supermarche de la vieille ville (ou je ne vais jamais). Je vais devoir faire provision !!!! Et aller voir s'il y a des tutos pour les decorer....

8 comments :

stitcherw said...

They are all lovely. I'm especially enjoying Busy Needle, it looks wonderful on that fabric.

Anonymous said...

tu as raison fait des provisions !!!

Annie said...

I love the little dragon. He was the centerpiece on my 'Earth is Fragile' hanging.

Cute inchy finish too.

Nathdmc said...

euuuhhhh ! au risque de paraitre bête, c'est quoi des boîtes altoïd ???
Jolie début que ton dragon, la couleur de la toile est bien sympa et ton étoile, que dire d'autre à part que j'en reste baba devant ton travail !!!!!
Bizoux, Nath.

Unknown said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of tatting. Your snowflake looks very nice.

Anonymous said...

http://indystitch.wordpress.com/2008/06/23/altoids-tin-finish/ this is a tutorial, and this http://beckysc.blogspot.com/ is just to go get some ideas for finishing. Have fun, Ann

Kucki68 said...

I always enjoy the Dragon Dream patterns and am looking forward to seeing more of this one. The lilac background looks great!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Dragon of Hope is a nice little stitch!