Tuesday 28 October 2008

Autumn Harvest really finished


I hear some people from here "she made a hornbook!!!"

Well no, it's a wooden bread plate over here. I found it in a craft store, it's not dissimilar to the one I made in kindergarden, so... it's probably a belgian thing.

Anyway, for 1.5 euros, I only had to varnish the wood, stick the design on cardboard before glueing on the wood, and voila ! I also found some wooden pumpkin decorations, and the whole thing is now on my kitchen wall.

The hobby shop on Saturday was quite a bust, no textile crafts whatsoever, and mostly painting, and train models. I will have to find stuff elsewhere...

-------------------------------

J'entends d'ici les gens dire "elle a fait un hornbook!!!" He ben non, ici c'est une planche à pain... Assez similaire à un bricolage que j'ai fait en maternelle pour ma maman...

Mais bon, pour 1.5 euros, je n'ai eu qu'à vernir le bois, mettre la toile sur un carton, coller le tout sur le bois avec des décos "citrouilles" en bois, et le tour est joué !

Maintenant il est sur le mur de ma cuisine.

Chiloe, en matière de boutiques, j'ai pas grand chose dans le coin, ou elles se cachent. la boutique de samedi était quasi que des beaux arts, alors ca n'aide pas pour le textile. Il y a bien Mondial textiles près du boulot, mais c'est surtout du tissu, et du fil anchor !!! Bon....

8 comments :

Becky K in OK said...

And a great finish it is. Love it.

Anonymous said...

wahou!! Quelle bonne idée! Ca rend vriamnt bien! Je n'ai jamais "fait" de hornbook, mais c'est vrai que là, c'est joli et moins cher!
Bisous

Annie said...

Aren't you the clever one! That's a perfect piece for the fall kitchen. Should make your new digs feel quite homey, I would think.

Shebafudge said...

Wow it looks fabulous. Congrats on such a lovely finish!

Cameo said...

Pretty cool idea!! I like it! So if I send you all the stuff will you make mine?? LOL Congrats on the wonder finished idea!!

Cameo

Nathdmc said...

Bon, je ne sais pas ce qu'est un "hornbook" mais j'aime bien le principe de se servir d'une planche à découper comme déco.
Dommage que tu n'es pas trouvée ton bonheur dans le magasin.
Bizoux et Bonne semaine,
Nath.

Anonymous said...

I just love the way you finished this one. Great idea.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to write and tell you that I think the book is WONDERFUL! I am loving it
十字绣