Friday 30 July 2010

Tatted update

What a surprise, I keep on tatting !

I'm still using Cebelia 30, and I wonder how that thread is available in all the colours of the rainbow in the US, and here, only in white???? I have Perle 12 and 8, but the result looks a bit "plushy". Especially the black, which is potentially a problem for wearables and necklaces, because there's always a bit of rubbing here and there.

So my question is : Where can I buy threads in New York? Any adress in the Manhattan area? It would help a lot for my trip end of August.

And talking about trip, and crafting on the plane... I trained myself to join picots without the tiny hook on the aero shuttle. I'm not sure they wouldn't consider it too pointy for security.

I also tried gold thread with a little rosette. After all, it could be nice in a Christmas tree?

----------------------------------

On ne sera pas étonnés de voir encore de la frivolité.... J'utilise encore du cebelia 30, et je me demande pourquoi en Amérique on peut trouver ce fil dans toutes les couleur de l'arc en ciel, alors qu'ici on doit se contenter de blanc.

Donc je me demande où on peut trouver des fils à New York, des adresses dans la zone de Manhattan seraient super pour mon voyage fin août. D'ailleurs, en préparation de l'avion, je me suis entrainée à joindre les picots sans crochet (au cas où ils penseraient que je vais attaquer l'avion avec).

Et j'ai aussi essayé d'utiliser un fil doré, je trouve que ça pourrait faire bien dans un arbre de Noël?


2 comments :

BSOTF said...

I can't help you with stores out there. But I do think your work is amazing!

Kelly said...

I love your work! I'm going to have to make some time and a pot of tea and sit back and enjoy your blog! I live in the midwest so unfortunately cannot help you with shops in New York. Have a wonderful trip though!