Friday 15 July 2011

iPad cover in knitting

Father's day is over now, so I can show you the iPad cover I made for my dad. Back in May, I thought making a knitted or crocheted cover for the iPad my dad got for his birthday was a good idea. I was about to just make a plain or lacey thing when I came across this brillant pattern. It's illusion knitting, "now you see it, now you don't" sort of game.

Of course, just like my mom's teapot cover, I had measurements problems. The zipper I used was too small. It was a perfect fit for the cover, but in order to get the technological beast in it, you had to stretch a little (a good thing I hadn't doubled the pouch with fabric !!!!). So off I went back with it, I was a bit disappointed. I changed the zipper since, so now my dad has iPad cover, and he seems happy with it.

Two days ago I started a new knitted bag project. So it seems that it's back to knitting for a bit, and it might complicate things, because we are going away on vacation to Geneva next week, and knitting is far less portable than tatting (think medium bag versus mini pouch). But I still have time to arrange all this...

---------------------------------

Maintenant que la fête des pères est passée, je peux montrer la pochette à iPad que j'ai faite pour l'occasion, vu que mon papa avait reçu un iPad pour son anniversaire récemment. J'allais faire un truc assez simple, quand je suis tombée sur ce modèle de pochette spécifique iPad, en tricot illusion. Selon l'angle où on regarde, on voit la pomme ou pas.


Evidemment, comme le problème de taille du couvre- théière de ma maman, j'avais choisi une fermeture éclair trop petite. Bien pour la pochette, mais comme il faut tirer un peu pour faire entrer la bête technologique, j'ai du changer le zipper. C'est un peu décevant de devoir repartir avec un cadeau, mais maintenant tout est arrangé.


Depuis deux jours, je suis à nouveau en mode tricot, ce qui ne m'arrange pas trop, vu qu'on part à Genève la semaine prochaine, et que le tricot est plus encombrant que la frivolité (sac moyen contre petite pochette). Enfin, on verra bien....

1 comment :

Nathdmc said...

hum hum !!!! Voyage d'amoureux en vue ?!?!?! Vous avez bien raison d'en profiter.....
Jolie pochette et j'aime beaucoup le motif en vrai faux......
Bizoux doux, Nath.