Saturday, 20 August 2011

The latest things, and start of a big project

It seems very difficult to post these days, maybe because computer time is spent on Cityville, and the rest actually crafting.

On the beading front, I made an Android tag. DBF is an Xperia Play addict (it's a smartphone under Android, with a PSP like control pad for games), so I thought he could use this tag somewhere. I still have to sew it somewhere, on the phone pouch or something....

Apparently I have difficulties having straight borders when needle weaving beads.
Our little niece is very much into bead weaving. It appears that she didn't sell her beading loom, so she was able to show her skills to grandma once at home. But then I got a slightly panicked phone call from dear mother in law asking me where I found my loom, because dear niece broke hers on the second use. Luckily, these looms are available almost everywhere, but they seem to break easily ;)

Now I came back to crochet. I started with this cute ice cream cone that I designed myself. I mean, sun, summer.... ice cream !!!!

And now.... the big project. I've been toying around with granny squares for a while. There's a sort of fascination here. On one end, some squares are really beautiful, and on the other hand, you often have old quitch afghans.
Not to mention that to make an afghan, it's long, and requires quite a bit of yarn. And I wasn't sure DBF would like something granny looking in the living room. But then I was saved by.... "Little house on the prairie". Yes, the old tv show. Believe it or not, we watch one episode a day, and it's been like that for 3 years or so. DBF is addicted.

And so he thinks it's a great idea to have a pionner looking throw to curl up in for the winter. And so I started crocheting.....

Originally I wanted something with less colours, but DBF said it had to be multicoloured, made with odd yarns, and so I'm surprised it looks so good so far. I don't know how many squares I will need, so we'll see the beast grow and grow....

-------------------------------------------


Bizarrement, j'ai du mal a trouver du temps pour poster, alors que je fais pas mal de créations. Ca doit être aussi le temps passé sur Cityville....


Tout d'abord, au niveau des perles, j'ai fait un petit tag Android pour DBF, qui est fou de son Xperia Play ( un smartphone avec un pad de jeu), et donc il pourra mettre le tag où il veut, sur la pochette du téléphone ou autre....


Pour une raison inconnue, je n'arrive pas à avoir des bords droits quand je tisse les perles à l'aiguille.
La nièce de DBF est encore en plein avec son métier à tisser. Car quand on a demandé à la maman, elle a dit que le métier soit disant vendu était en fait remisé dans le garage. Et donc elle a voulu montrer ses talents de tisseuse à sa grand mère, en vacances là bas, mais mamy m'a appelée paniquée car le métier s'était cassé, et elle voulait savoir où ça s'achetait ! Heureusement qu'on en trouve partout, mais les métiers à perles Disney princesses ne semblent pas solides....


Je suis revenue au crochet. J'ai commencé avec ce petit amigurumi glace. Soleil, été... glace !!!!


Et maintenant, je suis embarquée dans un grand projet. Ca fait un moment que je tourne autour des "granny squares". D'un côté je les trouve jolis, et d'un autre vous aurez vous aussi des souvenirs d'horribles couvertures en crochet dans les tons marrons bien style années 70. Donc commencer un truc que je ne pourrais pas mettre dans le living... pas top.


Mais voilà que j'ai été sauvée par... "La petite maison dans la prairie". La série, qui passe d'ailleurs toujours sur M6 et Téva. DBF est fou de cette série, et on a droit à un épisode par jour, et ce demuis 3 ans déjà (vive les dvds). Et donc il trouve que c'est une chouette idée d'avoir une couverture style "petite maison" pour se réchauffer dans le canapé l'hiver.


Au départ, je voulais quelque chose de plus sobre, avec moins de couleurs, mais DBF a insisté pour que ce soit plein de couleurs, en utilisant des restes de laine comme à l'époque. Et donc je suis assez surprise que cela rende si bien pour l'instnat, pas trop "arlequin".


On verra donc grandir cette couverture, je ne sais pas encore combien de carrés il me faudra !!!
Post a Comment