Friday, 4 November 2011

More snowflakes

I finally finished my tatted silver flower thingy. It was to try tatting with the silver thread I'm knitting candle holders with, but it's not ideal. I find it makes big motifs. And the thread is difficult to handle. So I decided to try crochet. I've been buying the special Christmas issues of crochet magazines for years, so I have a little collection of patterns to try.

First, I used the 2mm hook as written on the skein of silver thread. Result : big flake, and a bit.... I don't know, not to my taste. So I decided to try 1.5mm, only that hook is visiting the flat somewhere, and i didn't feel like looking for it, so I tried 1.25mm. And there was a smaller, nicer looking flake !!!

I also made a white one, with 1mm hook just for fun.



And I also made "Featherline snowflake" from Jon. Once again, I learned something new : self closing mock rings for the center. I'm happy with the result. I wish I could tat that good every time ;)

Michelle, I'm enjoying this discussion via blogs ! It is fun indeed. You are right about the celtic pumpkin, it's nearly there. I will try again for next year, with a longer line of ds !!!
I'll talk about the angel/butterfly a bit later, because here I have issues with a particular book and I want to ask expert tatters about it. It's a case of "why isn't mine looking like that????"

----------------------------------

J'ai finalement fini ma fleur argentée en frivolité. Je voulais essayer cette technique avec le fil que j'utilise pour tricoter les photophores. Mais je trouve que cela donne un résultat un peu trop grossier, pour une manipulation laborieuse.


Donc j'ai essayé au crochet. Après tout, j'ai plein de modèles de flocons de neige, à force de collectionner les magazines de crochet spécial Noel !!!
Au départ, je fais comme écrit sur la pelote, je prends un crochet 2, mais le résultat est trop lâche. J'ai voulu essayer 1.5, mais on dirait que ce crochet est parti se balader quelque part dans l'appart, et je n'ai pas eu le courage de le chercher, donc j'ai utilisé un 1.25, et cette fois-ci le flocon est bien.


Et j'ai fait un blanc au crochet 1, juste pour voir la différence.


Enfin, j'ai fait un autre flocon de Jon, Featherline snowflake. Cette fois-ci j'ai appris à faire des faux cercles qui se ferment sur eux-mêmes. Le flocon est réussi, j'aimerais arriver à faire ça à chaque coup !
Post a Comment