Sunday 4 March 2012

Still experimenting with crochet flowers....

March is Crochet month in the US, I'm wondering if it's the same elsewhere in the world? I have to admit it's a coincidence if my craft of choice at the moment is crochet. Crochet jewellery to be exact. That's why I keep this notebook of flowers, to try different patterns to find the best.

So here is the first batch : a ring and ear clips. DBF told me to stiffen the flowers, and I used the usual glue/water mix, but the thread seems all tarnished ! I don't think stiffening is necessary in this case anyway....

I made a matching bracelet, not stiffened, and it looks better.


And here is a test garland: Mini leaves and flowers are crocheted at the same time as the chain.


---------------------------------------

Mars est le mois du crochet aux USA, et je me demande si c'est le cas ailleurs dans le monde? C'est une coïncidence que ma technique de prédilection soit le crochet en ce moment, surtout des bijoux en crochet. C'est pour ça que je fais un cahier avec différents modèles de fleurs, pour trouver les plus belles !


Voici des premiers tests : une bague, des clips d'oreilles, un bracelet pour aller avec, et une guirlande pour tenter de crocheter feuilles, fleurs et chaine en même temps. Selon les conseils de DBF, j'ai durci les 3 premiers avec le mix habituel de colle/eau, mais cela a terni le fil, du coup je ne pense pas recommencer pour le reste.

3 comments :

Michelle said...

The bracelet is GORGEOUS!!!

Nathdmc said...

Superbe !!!! Pour durcir, il parait qu'il existe de l'amidon en bombe, mais moi j'en ai jamais trouvé.... sinon, tu peux aussi tester le glaçage sucre et eau.....
Bizoux et Bonne continuation,
Nath.

Laura said...

I like both of them, really much!! I'm doing the same experiments :) !!
Greetings!
Laura