Thursday 26 February 2015

Wanderings of a crafty mind

(Note : the pictures are from 2005 projects !)

I'm still working on the granny square afghan, but I'm thinking about free hand embroidery.

It's the first craft I learned. I was stitching handkerchieves when I was 4 or 5. Of course I have no recording of that, but the pictures are showing things I made in 2005. I did a lot of cross stitching, knitting and crochet since then, but since I saw Teresa Lim's travel stitching, I feel like doing embroidery again.

But one crucial question remains : what to do with a piece of fabric with embroidery on it?

I don't want to make framed pictures, even in hoops. My walls are filled with cross stitch already. So it's time for a little research of what's out there on the web, and especially on Pinterest. The initial idea is that I would like to transfer my drawings onto fabric, but then what to do with it?

So far I have :

- stitching on felt and make a decoration out of it
- stitching on towels
- mini doll/cushion type thing.

So please give me other ideas !!!!


1 comment :

Jane McLellan said...

Bit of embroidery on your sheets and pillowcases, towels etc? Lifts them out of the ordinary.