Wednesday 14 November 2007

Bad day...

Sometimes you shouldn't get up int he morning...

I started with not finding the Mill Hill snowman (Lili, you know the one I'm talking about...). Then I search for my watch 10-15min when I had to leave for work.

Work wasn't tip top, but well... it's work. BBC seems to insinuate that the eurostar move and extension is a waste of money, they should have built London- Birmingham high speed or something, and people prefer discount flights... That makes me mad such a short oversight. Eurostar is a tri-countries enterprise and wants to open up England to Europe...

Not to mention that the move to St Pancras means a 25 min trip from home to the eurostar station (vs 1h30 before).

Then I tried to register to a doctor near my home (move house, change doctor...), but the receptionist was not so nice, and I got loads of papers to fill, and I have to bring documentation to prove that I can benefit from the NHS etc...
Seriously, I've been in this country nearly 10 years, and I was registered to GPs for nearly that long. Why do I have to bring a birth certificate (it's in french anyway, won't be able to read it!) or passport for?
I spent all evening trying to find my medical card, without success. So no stitching. I remember that in Harlow I just turned up at emergency time half delirious from a digestive bug, and they barely asked me for a proof of adress... Those were the good days...

Add to that more bills to pay, that you can't pay because of computer error or whatever...

And I'm still waiting for my 123 Stitch order because Gingerbread Cottage is backorder because of the demand. At least the lady at the website was nice and answered my email in 5 minutes !

Anyway, for whoever might be interested, update of Simply Snowdays. I stitchon cloudy blue evenweave. Half the time I feel like stitching something else, but what? Anyway I'm waiting for DMC 3865 from Sew Discounted, it should come Friday or so...

And finally, I had forgotten to show the framed Tearoom, so here it is. I was saved by my frame stash, as I had this frame already.

It is now in the kitchen, next to Country/City Stitcher....

6 comments :

Danielle said...

Snowdays looks great!! And so does Tea Room. And 1-2-3 Stitch is one of my favorite online stores. Joanne is always very quick to respond.

Jenn M said...

Gorgeous frame for Tea Room - it really looks pretty.
This bad day must be trans-atlantic; I had a bugger of a day too!

stitcherw said...

I hope tomorrow and the rest of your week goes better, it sounds like today was really the pits.

Snowdays is looking wonderful, nice progress. Also, Tea Room looks fantastic, the frame goes great with it.
Sue

Leeland said...

Nice frame for the tearoom! And this snowdays wip is beautiful with the colours you've picked.
I'm off to the next post.
Hugs!
Lili

Kucki68 said...

That frame goes really well with the tea room feeling, it's very nice!

Anonymous said...

I love the Tea Room frame.

It sucks to have a bad day :( The only solution is to buy more stash! Err, wait... or stitch more!