Saturday 3 November 2007

Yet another Acorn Hill update

Call me paranoid (DBF does it all the time...), but I have the impression that since moved the blog, people didn't follow, and that's why I don't have comments anymore. Or maybe there is something in the comments parameters preventing you to do so. If you have technical difficulties, contact me. I'm new at using Blogger ;)

Chiloe, I remember what you said about french bloggers getting 60 comments a post... I have the feeling that french stitchers are globally older, retired or stay at home moms, and so they have more time to comment? Of course there are young stitchers in France as well, don't make me say what I haven't said...

You might have noticed I changed the top banner. New house, new garden, new banner. I'm not really happy with it, but it will have to do until I make the winter one. It's an odd time, when I don't know how long I will keep my Halloween/Fall decorations, on the blog and in my house.

Most of the Christmas decorations I made last year are inFrance at DBF's (where I spend the Christmas holidays), so I will have to mostly make new ones in order to replace the cushions on the mantel piece.

Of course, as you can see, if that's the only problems I have in life... I can consider myself in a good happy place ;)

Acorn hill is growing little by little. I suppose I should hurry?

6 comments :

Chiloe said...

I think you have more stay at home mom in the US than here. I didn't comment because i didn't put your new blog in my google reader!

Linda K's Stitching Corner said...

San

this is going to be pretty when you get this one done.

I have been reading your blog every day. Keep up with your beautiful Stitching.

Jenn M said...

Maybe everyone's just going through those phases where you still like to read, but don't comment because you assume someone else will. I read your blog a lot, but rarely comment. Maybe that's why I have not had one single comment on my own blog! Is there such a thing as blogging karma maybe?
Jenn

Leeland said...

Lol! Comments are not a criteria to know if you are read. Counters do it better... Yet, comments are among the things I prefer making and having too... They make my blog worthwhile.
I love your acorn hill, the threads you use for the text are stunning.
Indeed, I think it was easier to comment on your site than on Blogger -generally speaking. And I miss the smileys... But I sure would have done the same as you. Besides, when I see your beautiful banner, I think there are lots of possibilities now.
Lots of hugs,
Lili

Unknown said...

I just found your blog, and love it, makes me want to stitch even more. I find it hard to find time to stitch, with working full time, and the working at our ranch, and with the horses. Not sure how people do it with kids under foot.

I'm Kris, btw, and I live on a cattle ranch in Nebraska. Just started back cross stitching, since I didn't get any of my stash or work back from the divorce.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say how stunning Acorn Hill is! I've been lurking around your website for quite some time (don't worry you don't need a restraining order! lol). I really like seeing how fast everything comes together, I think watching the 'transformation' is really cool. Look forward to seeing more from you!

Tracy
tracy911@insightbb.com