Sunday 9 December 2007

Christmas Heirloom reappears, and the blog changes

Well, after finishing the Gingerbread cottage, I didn't know what to stitch.

I still didn't feel like stitching ornaments... and then I fell on the Victoria Sampler Christmas Heirloom.

I started it on and off earlier this year, not feeling in the Christmas mood. But now... maybe?

After all those easy JHN and CCN (blocks of crosses), I felt like stitching something a bit more challenging.

So that when I get more LHN patterns for Christmas, I would be in the easy mood again.

As you can see, I gave up on the intricate nightmarish tree, and did band 2: the presents. And now it's band 3: Christmas lace.

The challenge here is the size, and working with silks and perle threads. Plus the speciality threads and beads.

I don't expect to finish it this side of Christmas, but... Little by little...

Yesterday I also framed Gingerbread Cottage. I used the frame I first bought for Acorn Hill before switching for a darker frame. I was lucky enough to take the picture during the only hour of sun of the day !!

And of course I change my blog to winter. Not much imagination there... But on the top right you can see what my mantel piece looks like now, with winter cushions and stuff...

Now I'm going to do some different crafts... more in future posts !

9 comments :

patternnuts said...

The VS Christmas Heirloom is gorgeous! I don't think I have seen it before now. WOW! The tree looks soooo beautiful and intricate. I can see why it would be nightmarish!
Wonderful job!!!!!

Edda said...

I love the Gingerbread Cottage all finished up in the frame. Looks lovely. Makes me want to stitch this even more. I have seen Christmas Heirloom finished and it is truly beautiful. Hope it gets you in Christmas mood. Have a great day.

Becky K in OK said...

The VS looks very pretty. The tree will be gorgeous when you get if finished. Your framing is very pretty also. Congrats.

stitcherw said...

Your Gingerbread Cottage turned out wonderful, and I don't think you're one of the slower ones in the LHN/CCN group as there are several of us that still aren't finished.

Your VS start is looking great, this will be lovely when its finished. Hope you're feeling better now, and I'm so sorry to hear about your bike.
Sue

Susan said...

Is that linen? The tree would be really tricky on there, I would think. On the other hand, you could almost freehand it, couldn't you? Or is that a no-no in cross-stitch? =)

Anonymous said...

Wonderfull !!
C'est magnifique !!
J'ai moi aussi fait le heirloom Christmas, tu vas voir c'est tres sympa !

Leeland said...

Great choice for the frame! I was wondering when you'd stitch this one. And you also have that silver frost by Patricia Ann too. Remember? Very winter but no Xmas there...
I have noticed the new banner straight on, great job. And I love the snow too...
Off to the next post.
Lili

Sachiko said...

Your Gingerbread Cottage is so lovely!!Pink fabric is so cute,too!!Vest much!

Stitchy Princess said...

I love the pic of your mantel! I love VS projects so much, so I can't wai to watch you work on this!