Wednesday 5 December 2007

D-15 holidays


Couldn't find a better title... I'm stuck home with laringitis or something like that... I never coughed that much in my life ! But my audition is back (I couldn't hear from my right ear yesterday!) and seem to be back to "big cold".

Gingerbread Cottage isn't progressing fast... there is something about that project that doesn't motivate me much.. I don't know what... Too pink?

Yesterday I made those felt robinand reindeer. It's an old DMC kit I got in a discounter years ago, for just 1. 50 pounds.

I also finished this Blue Ribbon freebie into an ornament on felt.

And you see of course my "ornament tree", which is just a mug tree from Asda. I use some blue tack to hold the ornaments in place.

12 comments :

****Ciottina**** said...

WOW...good wip!! I love the colours so much!!!
Barbara

Danielle said...

Gingerbread Cottage looks great! So does the Blue Ribbon Designs ornament. I love that one and have that in my pattern pile to do. I also love your idea of using a mug rack/tree for your ornaments.

Danielle said...

I forgot to ask in my last comment, do you have a tutorial or know of one for making the small ornament with the two gingerbread men (I think) hanging above the Blue Ribbon Designs freebie? Thanks, Danielle

Iris said...

your gingerbread cottage looks great !!! Don't give up ;-)

Leeland said...

The mug tree is a great idea!
Daphné is sick too, same as you apparently... Sorry for you as this is hell...
Your felt ornies are sooo cute!!!
If you find that your project is "too pink", you'll be able to make up for it with the fabric you use around it (if you make a pillow). I just LOVE it that way as far as I'm concerned: it has even more magic.
Hugs,
Lili

Anonymous said...

Hi San!

While I do like your Gingerbread Cottage, I have to admit that my first thought when the graphic rendered was "too pink." :-( Having said that though, I don't know that I would take the effort to stitch it over on different fabric. I would do as Lili suggests and use a contrasting fabric for a cushion to offset the pink a little.

Great work and I hope you're feeling better! Carolyn

Jenn M said...

Hope you feel better soon. I love Gingerbread Cottage on pink fabric; it makes it more 'Candyland' like.

Becky K in OK said...

Love your ornament tree and the BRD settled right in front.

Anonymous said...

Your gingerbread cottage is very nice on that fabric. Ok, I love pink so I'm not very objective! If I have enought time before christmas, I would like to do it on pink fabric too. Your little ornaments are also very cute, bravo!

sammyjo said...

i love the robin and raindear lol their really cute

Unknown said...

Beautiful way to decorate a simple mug tree.

Stitchy Princess said...

I love the reindeer! And of course your stitching is always wonderful!