Monday 26 May 2008

We love it, do it again !

So I started Joan Elliott's stitching angel... As usual I went for the head, from the middle which is the hoop. I already said I don't like her mouth, so I decided to get it over with. I dug up similar patterns (well, it's easy, Joan Elliott's patterns are all inthe same file), and I found an old "stitching fairy" that was already on my todo list.

I scanned both patterns so you can see how similar they are... I'm thinking of stitching both, and turn them into pending cushion, that could be fun.

In the meantime, I made my own version of the angel's face... a mix of both patterns for the mouth. So her mouth ended up smaller, with a "content" expression. I thought it was more realistic.

I reviewed CrossStitcher 201 as well, click to read it.



---------------------

Quand on aime, on recommence !

J'ai commence l'ange de Joan Elliott dans WOCS. Comme d'hab, je me suis dirigee vers la tete, a partir du milieu de la grille qui est le tambour a broder.

Donc j'ai du resoudre le probleme de la bouche des le depart... J'ai trouve dans mon dossier "Joan Elliott" la "Stitching fairy", de WOCS en 2005, qui est tres similaire a l'ange. Je vous ai mis la photo des deux pour que vous puissiez voir. Je pense d'ailleurs broder la fee apres l'ange, afin de faire deux coussins similaires. Ca fera bien chez moi....

En attendant, j'ai fait des essais pour la bouche de l'ange, en faisant un mix entre l'ange et la fee. Le resultat est une bouche plus petite, ce qui donne a l'ange un air plus reveur et satisfait, voire plus realiste.

Ma critique de CrossStitcher 201 est en ligne,
cliquez pour la voir. Il y a une surprise francaise dedans...

6 comments :

patternnuts said...

Ah I see what you mean by the mouth. Your version looks much better.

stitcherw said...

Nice start, and I like the mouth the way you stitched it much better. Your earlier finishes look lovely framed too, you've been quite busy with your stitching.
Sue

Nathdmc said...

C'est vrai, je préfére ta modification j'aime beaucoup......
Félicitations pour les modifs que tu as faites
Bizoux, nath.

Unknown said...

I like your mouth version and what a great start to her.

Leeland said...

Great idea to stitch them both...
I understand why you don't like the original mouth... Lol!
Great framing job in your previous post.
Hugs!
Lili

Anonymous said...

Elle est plus jolie avec cette bouche !!