Saturday 5 July 2008

Yet another white bunny

After 2 days work, I'm finished with the little white amigurumi bunny. It turned out a bit funky compared to the pattern and original,I suppose it's the thread I used...

And he has a "I look a bit sad so I can be even cuter" look. Size wise, he's just a bit smaller than the picture, so yes, it was fiddly to do !

I'm in crochet mode, and DBF has decided to call me "La fee Crochette" (Tinkerbell = Fee Clochette, so crocheting fairy). I ordered (and received) 2 Easy touch Clover hooks, as shown inthe second picture, and they are a lot more comfortable to use.

I'm now making a doily. The picture shows the progress, and it's only half the finished size. I can't help it, I love making doilies, even if I don't like displaying them in my house. But I figured I can still give it to grandma.

Next I will make bags, I bought "Easy crocheted bags" in Hobbycraft yesterday. I love bags. It's a compulsion. And it's even better making them !!! I don't know where I get that from, as my mom is a "one bag forever" lady, and doesn't understand why I have "yet another bag" !!! Oh well...

-----------------------------

Le petit lapin blanc au crochet m'a pris 2 jours... Sa taille sur la photo est a peine plus grande que sa taille reelle, donc en effet, il est assez petit ! Il est fait au fil 20, avec un crochet 1mm

Il adopte l'air "je suis un peu malheureux pour que vous me trouviez encore plus mignon".

Je suis totalement dans ma periode crochet, et DBF m'a rebaptisee "La fee Crochette". En ce moment, je fais le napperon de la photo (crochet 1mm, fil 20, pour l'instant la moitie de la taille finale). J'ai achete le crochet aussi sur la photo, un Easy touch Clover, qui est beaucoup plus confortable que les crochets standards.

Le paradoxe est que j'aime faire les napperons, et la dentelle au crochet, mais je ne veux pas les mettre dans ma maison. Je vais etre obligee de le donner a ma grand mere....

Apres je vais me mettre aux sacs, car j'ai achete le livre "Easy Crocheted bags". J'ai un truc pour les sacs. J'adore les sacs, et encore plus les faire. Je ne sais pas d'ou ca me vient, vu que ma mere n'a qu'un sac qu'elle utilise depuis des annees, et donc ne comprend pas que j'en change encore et encore ! Enfin....

8 comments :

Nathdmc said...

Yellow San !
C'est super de te retrouver et de te lire ! Très jolie production. je suis également dans une période crochet mais tu ne le verras pas sur mon blog pour le moment.....
Big Bizoux, Nath.

stitcherw said...

Very cute bunny, and your doily is looking lovely. Your Angel is making good progress as well, it was fun seeing her gain her hands and hoop to start stitching. :)
Sue

Annie said...

I like your little bunny. The doily reminds of the house I grew up in. My mother, grandmother and great aunts were all avid crocheters and doilies were everywhere! I swore I would never make a doily! But yours is starting to inspire me.

Sandra said...

Lovely bunny!!! And like you I also love doilies but don't display them. I've crocheted a few place mats for my sister, was thinking about making a table runner for me and some winter place mats, could be doily-like...

Ginny said...

What a pretty doily! I like making them, too, and am supposed to be doing just that for both my daughters' hope chests. Alas, not one has made it there yet.

Anonymous said...

ohoh! le lapinou est trop trop chou!!
j'attends les vacances pouressayer de crocheter un amigurumi, je pense que le premier aura vraiment une sale tête!!!
bisous

nela said...

creo que los ojos estan muy separados y si fueran mas chicos tal vez se veria mejor... que tal y decorarlo hacerle un chaqueta o corbata o lentes...

Kucki68 said...

I think for bags crochet is better than knitting, less give. I am looking forward to hearing about your experiences.