Friday 1 August 2008

flake and inch

Yet another snowflake... No major incident on this one, except I forgot to anchor the last ring to the first, and so I had to attach it with an extra piece of thread... But overall you can't really tell ;)

Now I'm tackling a more difficult project, a Christmas tree in green thread. For this one I'm using an Aero shuttle (with a bobbin inside, and a hook at one end) for the first time, and I love it !

By now some of you might be tired of tatting, so I have a different project to show, an "inchie".

After trading cards, people decided to go further and have projects one inch by one inch. I thought it would be a fun thing to do, and a good way of trying new stitches and such... so here is my first one !

The border is also hand stitched, and I cut the fabric close to it.

Annie, I think you can have pouches in just stitching fabric (aida or linen), without lining. The French shop "Loisirs et Creation" has a range of linen "ready to stitch" items, and they do have pouches like that... So you can totally do it !!!

---------------------------------

Encore un flocon... celui-ci est sans grande catastrophe, a part le fait que j'ai oublie d'accrocher le dernier rond au premier, et donc j'ai du ajouter un bout de fil... Heureusement ca ne se voit pas trop !

Maintenant je bosse sur un sapin, en fil vert, avec ma nouvelle navette "Aero", qui a une bobine a l'interieur et un crochet au bout. C'est un vrai plaisir a utiliser.

Pour ceux qui en auraient marre de voir de la frivolite... J'ai aussi fait un "inchie". Vous connaissez surement les "trading cards", he bien certains ont change le format pour 1 inch sur 1 (environ 3cm?)

J'ai trouve que ce serait marrant d'essayer, et d'avoir une raison de jouer avec les differents points. Je suppose qu'apres je les mettrai dans un album ou quelque chose comme ca....

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

J'en ai pas marre de voir de la frivolite mais je me demande comment tu fais pour en faire autant !
tu ne dors pas ?
J'aime bien els petits inchie, tu trouves ou les modeles ? tu les inventes ?

Anonymous said...

Hello, juste pour te dire que ton blog est nominé ! Viens voir sur mon blog.

wot said...

Those snowflakes are amazing. I love them! Also:

Congratulations!!

You have been nominated for the Brillante Weblog Award:) Please see my blog!

Annie said...

I just may try and unlined pouch to see how I like it.

The inchie is cute. What would you do with it? Use for a decorative applique? Or do you have some idea for using a collection together?

Ginny said...

Each snowflake is prettier than the last, I think. Good job!

I might actually be able to complete more projects if they were just 1" square . . . might have to consider that!

Nathdmc said...

Non non ! Moi j'en ai pas marre de voir de la frivolité..... hihihi...
Beau travail ! Bravo !
C'est super mimi ton "inchies", une très bonne idée pour masquer les dégats de ma Miss sur ses vêtements....... ;-))
Biz et Bon WE, Nath.

Anonymous said...

I like your little inchie. It's very nicely done.