Thursday 9 October 2008

Tatting of the season

Yes, it's all well and good to make snowflakes, but they will only be displayed in December.

So I made a pumpkin with this pattern, with threads i had since the age of time ! It's perle 5, so it's quite a big pumpkin... now i have to find a way to display it.

I'm still stitching on "autumn harvest", but I was stuck in bed with migraine yesterday, so you see how it doesn't progress fast ;)

-------------------------

He oui, c'est bien beau de faire des flocons de neige, mais on ne peut pas s'en servir avant décembre.

Alors quand j'ai vu ce modèle de citrouille, j'ai sauté dessus ! Et là je m'adresse tout particulièrement à NathDMC, voici un modèle super simple pour débuter...

Et ça m'a permi d'utiliser du vieux fil perlé 5 que j'ai depuis toujours (mais orange et vert, en général, c'est dur à caser !)

Je broder toujours "Autumn Harvest", mais comme j'étais clouée au lit avec une migraine hier, alors ça n'avance pas bien vite... ;)

6 comments :

Unknown said...

How cute! I love how tatting comes out. :)

Ginnie said...

Great idea - such a cute pumpkin.

Nathdmc said...

hum hum...... je crois que je suis repérée........ bon, j'ai chargé la page du site pour y revenir et je vais voir où trouver des navettes....... la suite pas trop vite tout de même..... LOL
Biz, Nath.

Annie said...

I like that. Can't tell how big it is, but if it's the right size, you could attach a pin backing and use it as a brooch on a coat. Maybe you would have to make one on finer thread for that though.

Sorry about the migraine. Those are no fun.

Anonymous said...

I love your tatted pumpkin. It's so cute and the thread you used is simply brilliant. "Shining without the use of lamps".
All these stitching and tatting is making me itch to stitch. But I could only admire your works before I can open all my boxes of treasures. Planning to move middle of Dec.

Zohrah

Unknown said...

Very cute! I did this tatted pumpkin last fall, too! :)