Sunday 28 December 2008

Finally finished !!!!

This was long and painful.... But I finally finished the backstitching and beads of the winter angel. Click on the picture to see the details....

So after days of grey lines, I might start "Needlework shop" from Country Cottage Needlework. I like the cartoonesque look the backstitching gives to the project, but it's so loooong !!!

The bads were fun, and I added a snowflake at the back to equilibrate. I obviously left out a lot of the snowflakes, the picture is already very blinky !

---------------------

Enfin fini ! on peut dire que ça a été long et fastidieux de faire tant de points arrières en gris, même si j'aime le look cartoon que ça donne.

Les perles étaient fun à faire, j'ai fait un flocon à l'arrière pour équilibrer, mais je n'ai pas fait tous les flocons car ça blinque déjà pas mal comme ça !

Maintenant, je vais surement me mettre à "Needlework shop" de Country Cottage Needlework.

12 comments :

Alison said...

San, may I be the first to post a comment to say how impressive this work is - I really like your interpretation and adaptation of the design, much better without the wings etc. Hoping you are enjoying the Christmas holidays. Love Ali xx

Ginnie said...

It looks great - well worth the effort on all that back stitching!

Anonymous said...

Your stitching looks gorgeous. Congratulations for your finish.

Ginny said...

Wow! She is gorgeous. You did a great job, and I like the changes you made.

Felicity said...

Very pretty. WOrth the pain, huh?

stitcherw said...

She turned out gorgeous, I love the colors.
Sue

Sandra said...

Great finishing! Beautiful Job!

Anonymous said...

Superbe !!!
Le point arreire donne vraiment une dimension a l'ouvrage !!!
Bravo tu as fait un joli travail !

Bonnie said...

Oh my, She is Beautiful!!! Thank you for sharing her road to completion.

Anne R said...

She looks absolutely stunning - if I had anywhere I could use a lady like that, I'd stitch her just like yours! But alas - nowhere to hang ladies, and hubby thinks ladies, angels, dragons and fairies are b*llsh*t (pardon the language, his words not mine!) so I can only marvel at your finishes...
Happy new year to you as well!

Anonymous said...

Elle est vraiment magnifique, bravo!!
Bises

tweezle said...

Oh, she is just GORGEOUS!! You did a lovely job stitching her. Congratulations on such a beautiful finish.