Tuesday 2 December 2008

Updates in general

Post week end picture... not much was done except the purple region. But I suppose it's big, so it represents hours of stitching, and you can measure that by the number of times you have to thread the needle ;)

On Saturday morning I found a Christmas issue of a French crochet magazine, and that was the end of it. I had to make a doily. Sudden urge...

Luckily enough, being in France, I was able to get a hook and thread in the supermarket while food shopping.

The thread is a bit bog, but I'm making the doily for grandma, and she seems to want a big doily, and as her eye sight isn't super at past 80, she might see the stitches better like that.

As you see on the picture, I'm quite advanced, I think I still need 3 rows and that's it !

I'm glad you all agree about the angel needing to loose the wings. Kucki, I will also loose the halo, although I'm not sure if it's a halo or the moon ;)

On a life basis, I'm supposed to go to Montreal for work in two weeks time (yes, just before christmas...). I was wondering if anybody knew any good needlecraft shop in Montreal?

-----------------------------------

Image post-week end... Je n'ai pas vraiment avancé, j'ai brodé le mauve, 3 teintes, et on se rend compte que c'est une grande surface quand on voit le nombre de fois qu'il faut arrêter et remettre un nouveau fil dans l'aiguille !!!!

En plus, samedi matin je suis tombée sur un magazine de crochet spécial Noel, et j'ai eu l'envie irrépressible de faire un napperon.

Heureusement, étant en France, j'ai pu acheter le crochet et le fil en même temps que la nourriture au supermarché.

comme vous voyez, c'est déjà fort avancé, il ne reste que 3 tours à faire je crois.

Sinon, c'est un peu grand, à cause du fil épais, mais comme c'est pour ma grand mère qui veut quelque chose de grand, et qui n'a plus sa vision de jeune fille, ça devrait lui permettre de voir les points.

Sinon, je suis censée aller à Montreal pour le boulot dans 15 jours, et je me demandais si vous n'auriez pas de bonnes adresses broderies dans cette ville?

7 comments :

Laura said...

That is a very pretty doily. And I am amused that you have crochet hooks and thread at the grocery store. It must be really popular there.

nela said...

Guaoooo es muy hermosa

Nathdmc said...

Ohhhh !!! Belle avancée, j'imagine très bien la somme de travail que représente la robe !!!!
Jolie aussi ton napperon ! Moi je suis dans les étoiles en ce moment.... je refais la déco du sapin...... hihihihi
Sympa ton voyage pour le boulot, mais peut-être moins le fait que ce soit au moment des Fêtes !!!
Biz et bonne continuation,
Nath.

Ginny said...

What a lovely doily! You always do such nice work...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all your progress and have fun in Montreal! Ann

June said...

Your doily is very pretty. I also love to crochet and at the moment, enjoy it more than cross stitching.

stitcherw said...

You've made great progress, and the doily is looking lovely too.
Sue