Thursday 8 April 2010

Knitting? really?

I'm fed up of people telling me I'm knitting when I'm crocheting. It's just not the same !!! And DBF's mom is an avid knitter, and somehow she really thinks I should knit too, telling me it's not just sweaters (btw, any non clothes ideas for knitting are welcome over here...).

I also think she's curious to see what I would come up with if I was knitting, as I always show her cute little things she enjoys.

So here is a little bunny. The tutorial is here, and if you knit, I can only recommend it, it's such a nifty design. A bit tricky for a beginner, so I was so proud I managed to get something in the end ! Because the body is knitted so that it forms a pocket inside out, in one go, and the ears have decreases. But it's quick to make.

Easter was nice, and now it's the holidays. On Tuesday we went on a one day trip to Canterbury by ferry, and the weather was sunny and nice. I bought tons of books, and amongst them 2 amigurumis books, and one for knitting. Of course I got all the stitching magazines, and I discovered "Knit today", a cool modern magazine compared to the ones here in France.

Walking down the shopping streets of Canterbury reminded me of those Spring days when I was living in England. People relaxed, enjoying the first rays of sun, kids on holidays with bunny paper hats...

Needless to say we will repreating the experience soon enough !

-----------------------------------------

J'en ai un peu marre des gens qui sme disent que je tricote quand je crochète. C'est vraiment pas la même chose !!!! Et la maman de DBF est une grande tricoteuse qui essaye toujours de me "pervertir", mais je pense aussi qu'elle aimerait voir ce que je vais sortir de mes aiguilles à tricoter, vu qu'elle est admirative de mes créations.

Donc voici un petit lapin tricoté. Si vous tricotez, précipitez-vous sur le tuto, ça en vaut la peine ! C'est d'un niveau moyen je dirais, et j'étais toute fière d'avoir réussi la pochette qui se tricote les deux faces d'un coup, et les diminutions des oreilles !!!!

Paques fut bien, et maintenant c'est les vacances. Nous avons été un jour à Canterbury (les joies d'habiter dans le Nord). Il faisait super beau, et les gens se baladaient dans les premiers rayons du soleil. J'ai acheté plein de livres, dont 2 d'amigurumis et 1 de tricot. Et aussi les magazines de stitch, et j'ai découvert "Knit today", qui est un magazine moderne de tricot, assez loin de ce qu'on voit en France.

Autant dire qu'on recommencera la balade dans pas si longtemps !!!

2 comments :

Annette said...

You can do everything!! knit crochet, stitch etc etc...
It is a cute little bunny

Nathdmc said...

Alors comme cela on reste nostalgique ?????
Jolie ton lapin au tricot !!! Qu'en pense Belle-maman ???
Et oui, toujours aussi curieuse.... hihihi....
Bizoux et Bonnes vacances avec BDF,
Poutoux doux,