Monday 7 June 2010

Knit and tat !

Prenote : big tatting pictures at the bottom of the post...

First, a huge happy dance. I finally finished my lacey cotton scarf !!! It took 2 weeks or so to make, and it required a lot of concentration not to make mistakes (I still had to undo some of it, but I didn't have major "do it all over again" catastrophy, so... not too bad).

I'm actually proud of myself. About a month or so I only knew knit and pearl, and I finally went on to more complex things.

Now I think I'm going to do a bit of full time tatting. This week end I mae a snowflake and an angel. Well, the snowflake is big enough to be a small doily, and I'm afraid the flakes for the "24 snowflakes" book will be the same size. So I will concentrate on smaller patterns for actual flakes to put in the tree.

I have to admit all these knitted bears, tatted snowflakes and other pouches are made for the local Christmas market I hope to be part of this year. Yes, I might actually take the plunge and try to sell some of my stuff !

Also, if you are interested in some of the items, just contact me and we could arrange something...

Today I think I will try to use beads in tatting. Sort of "Challenge of the day" ;)

---------------------------------------------------

Tout d'abord, je suis super contente d'avoir fini enfin mon écharpe après 2 semaines de tricotage en points spéciaux où je ne devais pas me tromper sinon je risquais de devoir tout refaire ( j'ai quand même du refaire ici et là, mais rien de trop traumatique).

Je suis très fière de moi, vu qu'il n'y a pas si longtemps je ne connaissais que les mailles à l'endroit à l'envers... Et me voilà jouant dans la cour des grands !

Pour le moment, je me concentre sur la frivolité. J'ai fait un flocon de neige, malheureusement trop grand pour être un flocon à suspendre dans l'arbre, mais cela fera un napperon je suppose. Et j'ai aussi fait un ange.

En fait, ces derniers temps j'ai fait pas mal de petits trucs, car j'espère faire le marché de Noël cette année. He oui, je vais peut être enfin sauter le pas ! En attendant, si quelque chose vous intéresse, n'hésitez pas à me contacter, on pourrait arranger quelque chose...

La mission du jour est d'essayer la frivolité avec des perles dedans....



1 comment :

Annette said...

Great finishes you made Good luck with the breads