Monday 14 June 2010

Tatting of the week

I've been a bit busy making tatted things, but they are so addictive !

I decided to keep them all in a folder, on red paper, but I don't know what to use to glue them on. They have to be able to come off later on, to be distributed as tree or card decorations, so nothing permanant, and of course nothing turning them yellow !!!

I think I need to keep them flat from the start, because some flakes I found in a drawer from last year or so are so crummy I will have to block them.

But please give me ideas as to how to stick them on the red paper ! For the moment I'm using scotch tape folded in 2, and it's not really nice looking (the ones in the pictures are not stuck yet !)

Now, the big angel and the tatted snowflakes are coming from books, and the cat (do you see it as a cat?) and mini angel are coming from the ever so inspiring Be Stitched website.

For the moment I'm in a bit of a weird position. I feel like I should experiment more, and be more daring with my tatting, maybe create my own stuff, but at the same time I'm a bit paralised, and I just want to keep my hands busy and make loads of flakes. So I might not have much to show if I many of the same ;)

How well....

-----------------------------------

J'ai fait pas mal de trucs cette semaine, et maintenant j'ai décidé de tout garder dans un classeur, sur fond rouge. Mais je ne sais pas trop avec quoi coller les machins, vu que je dois pouvoir les décoller facilement pour m'en servir comme décorations, et surtout, il ne faut pas que ça jaunisse.

Donc, tous conseils sont les bienvenus !!!!

Les flocons et le grand ange viennent de bouquins, mais le chat (est-ce qu'il ressemble vraiment à un chat?) et le mini ange viennent du site Be Stitched que je recommande chaudement.

En ce moment, j'ai à la fois envie de créer des nouveaux trucs, et de ne faire que des flocons simples. Si bien qu'il y a un peu de conflit et que je fais pas mal de trucs les mêmes et du coup, yaura pas grand chose d'intéressant à monter sur ce blog. Bah...









5 comments :

Annette said...

It looks so beautifull.. great job

Nathdmc said...

Jolie production dit donc !!!
Pour ton stockage, l'idée que tu as est sympa, il existe des carrès double-face repositionnables (en incolore) marque 3M ou autre... même tes feuilles de papier rouge ne seront pas abimées.
Gros poutoux à toi,
Nath.

Unknown said...

So pretty! I love tatting though i have no clue how to do it. Your tatted angel is just adorable!

Suztats said...

Nice stuff! They'll be so pretty on cards and as gift tags, too.
This is how I've attached tattings to paper: usually I leave a couple of thread ends, and take them through to the back of the paper using a sewing needle, underneath the tat so it doesn't show. Then, I tie a bow on the paper back, and that way I can remove it easily, and also have thread to attach to a new surface, if desired. Hope that gives you an idea.......

Anne R said...

I have absolutely no idea how to tat - so I think it all looks absolutely fabulous :)

As for sticking your works on paper; there are these "glue dots" that are really for scrapbooking, but not the permanent glue kind, they're more like post-it glue dots, so you can remove them again. And being for scrapbooking, they're acid-free and wouldn't turn anything yellow. :)