Saturday 3 July 2010

Two more animals

Here are two more animals I made from the Tatted animals book. They are easy and fun to do, but they make huge motifs ;)

I received my order from Be Stitched on Thursday, it only took one week to cross the Atlantic, I'm so glad !!!! I especially love the "Tatted artistry of Teiko Fujito" book. I don't know why, Japanese always seem to come up with fresh and delicate ideas.

I also got other more classical books, a picot gauge (still not sure how to use it) and a Tatsy shuttle I'm really not sure how to use. It's so huge !!!! I guess it's practical to tat with big beads, but it's not going to be easy on my small hands. If you use these shuttles, any tip would be welcome.

--------------------------------

Voici mes deux derniers animaux. C'est amusant à faire, mais comme ils sont grands !!!

Ma commande chez Be Stitched est arrivée, en une semaine, c'est super cool ! J'aime surtout le livre "the Tatted artistry of Teiko Fujito". Je ne sais pas pourquoi, mais les japonais arrivent toujours avec des trucs originaux et délicats.

J'ai aussi d'autres livres plus classiques, un picot gauge et une énorme navette que je ne vois pas encore comment utiliser. Mais bon....



4 comments :

Annette said...

wow there are beautifull, I love how you can do it, it looks so difficult...

Suztats said...

Your animals are looking good! What size thread are you using?

Agnieszka Winnicka said...

The cat is my favorite, but my son loves the snail. His father had a nickname Snail in college, that's why :))
This shuttle I only use for big projects like sun-catchers or yarn tatting. It's too big for fine thread for me :)

Nathdmc said...

Ils sont superbes tes animaux !!! un petit coup de coeur pour le chat....
Très beau travail, Félicitations !!!
Gros poutoux, Nath.