Thursday 25 November 2010

Happy Thanksgiving and cupcake

Happy Thansgiving for those celebrating it (which isn't the case here in France, even if we have fun  seeing Obama setting those turkeys free), and happy Ste Catherine for us (for those who have no clue what it is, it's an old French tradition of celebrating spinsters over 25. We don't really do it anymore though).

Now, back to knitting. I made a coffee cupcake to go with the donut. It's weird to knit this flat and try to hide the seams afterwards.

Apparently, British magazines like to knit things flat, even gloves. I had to give it a go, fingerless gloves with mitten conversion, but I can't show the picture yet because I have to finish it. I have to say I really don't like to wear gloves with seams. That's why I'm lagging finishing it I guess. But I started another fingerless lacey gloves, blue this time....

---------------------------------

Je ne pense pas qu'il y ait beaucoup de francophones qui fêtent Thansgiving, don' je me contenterai de dire "Bonne Ste Catherine" à celles qui sont concernées.

Enfin, retour au tricot. Voici un cupcake au café. C'était bizarre de tricoter à plat et d'essayer de faire une couture pas trop visible.

J'ai remarqué que les magazines anglais adorent faire des trucs à plat. Même les gants. Et du coup j'ai voulu essayer un modèle de mitaines convertissable en moufles, à plat, mais je n'ai pas fini, par manque de motivation, car je n'aime pas porter des gants avec des coutures. Mais j'ai commencé d'autres mitaines, bleues.

1 comment :

Annette said...

Never heard of Ste catherine, but a nice idea!!!
Lovely cupcake you have made.
Good luck with the mittens!!!