Monday 23 February 2015

Coup de coeur : Teresa Lim

Today I won't writeabout my crafts,but share a "coup de cœur". After all, being inspired by other crafters is part of the creative mind living.

So I was just wandering on the web, from Pinterest to Feedly, etc.... when I came across Teresa Lim's website. Her originality is to make free hand embroideries of the places she visits. It's such an original idea. Ok, it takes a few hours to make, instead of a few seconds to snap a picture, but it's so much more personal.

I've been toying with the idea of having a travel sketchbook, but so far I'm too shy to sit and draw in public. I want to go out and practice locally,  but I live in the north of France,and it's hard to find a sunny dry day, especially in winter.

So you guess I'm far from ready to embroider on the go ! But it got me thinking that I might try free hand embroidery of my drawings. Could be fun. I haven't done that in ages....

-----------------------------

Coup de cœur pour Teresa Lim,  qui brode les vues de ses voyages au lieu de dessiner ou de prendre  des photos. Même si je ne suis pas prête à faire de même, cela me donne envie de me remettre à la broderie traditionelle.

No comments :