Friday, 9 November 2007

Garden pleasure update 1

Here is Garden Pleasures after about 5 hours of work. It's really really nice to stitch. And it's a nice change from Fall and Christmas.

Yesterday I placed a big order to 1-2-3 Stitch: LHN and CCN charts (Gingerbread cottage, Snowflake, Herb garden) and The Seasons from Bent Creek, 2 crescent colours threads for the Gingerbread Cottage, and some lilac linen. I seem to stitch these so fast I really need amo ;)

A leisurely week end approches, and I have quite a few things to do craft wise. First, framing and sewing. Then sorting out a plan of what i have to stitch, Christmas ornaments and such. Stuff are a bit everywhere, it's not really inspirationnal.

Yesterday we also had a bit of a heavy stormy rain, but no flood as such. I will only have to remove the leaves from my front garden, I'm waiting for the wind to die out a bit.
Jenn, I don't really find "thread conversion" so hard... the DMC variations, especially the new ones, sort of match what we need in general. And I tend to write down the conversion I use on the gallery page of my projects, if that helps...

I started my own conversions when I got fed up of buying and buying new threads for each project. Threads you use only once, and/or very similar to threads I already have. With time, it seems like there are "top threads" I had to rebuy over and over anyway, and I have threads I hardly use, so....

Lili, you know I don't like overdyed threads... Once again, threads you buy for only one project, more expensive than DMC plain threads, and in the end, I don't really like the effect anyway. I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that I can only get them ordering in the US and such, it's a hassle. So DMC variations is a good compromise...
Post a Comment