Thursday 8 November 2007

Look who's finished?

Before you comment how fast this project was stitched... I started this on Oct 16th. Jen, it's on dark cloudy linen, 28ct, but it tends to purple a little bit.

I finished it this morning, before breakfast. For some reason, I tend to stitch a lot when DBF is around. Maybe because when I'm alone, I tend to do things slowly.

Soon you will see Forest Snowfall as a cushion, to really cosy up the place with winter stuff. It's really the matching piece for Winter Wonderland, so once the cushion is done, I might bring it to DBF's for Christmas. He's a male, so he doesn't really have cushions, but my back needs support !!!!

Yesterday I went to Hobbycraft to buy some frames (25% off!!!) for the Renaissance Lady and Old Gardens. Couldn't find what I need for Tearoom, I might have to try and make one...
The problem I have with frame making (you might remember that I was doing that earlier this year) is that my frames are so fragile some of them just fell apart !!! I need thicker wood I guess...

Hobbycraft just got some DMC variations, but instead of having the whole collection, they have the first and second series only !!!! It's a shame, really.... Does that mean they will always be like a year late?

I just subscribed to the LHN and CCN yahoo group. It's nice to meet new and old faces liking the same sort of designs. I am highly tempted to participate in the SAL. But of course that means more US charts buying... An there is no way I will have the charts by Nov 15th, when the SAL starts. Oh well, I can still catch up I guess...

Now I started Garden Pleasures. I will take some liberties with this pattern... I'm stitching it for my grandma's Christmas, and her favourite colour is blue. So it means blue fabric and blue dress...

I'm already thinking about what I will stitch on my Christmas holidays. I know, it's a disease... Part of me wants to explore different craft venues, like beading. I also want to make a table runner for the hall table. design something with drawn thread and speciality stitches... But for some reason, I always end up doing "comfort stitching", which is why LHN patterns are so nice. Also, they correspond to what I want to see as decoration style in my house.

For those who follow my crafting since a long time, you know I didn't like the simplistic patterns not so long ago. So what happened to me? I don't feel like stitching fairies or cute characters or anything... maybe I stitched too many?

Anyway, I will just enjoy the ride and not bother...

4 comments :

Jenn M said...

Wow, it's really lovely. It will make a nice companion piece to the one you did last year, which incidentally inspired me to buy the same chart! Maybe I'll get it done after Christmas - right now I only want to stitch ornaments.
Our large craft store only sells the older DMC Color Variations as well, so I just ordered a bunch of new ones from the US myself. I figure I may as well keep it simple and only use DMC, but it's kind of a pain having to find the right conversion!
Cheers,
Jenn

Melissa said...

Wonderful finish, San!

Melissa

Leeland said...

A wonderful project, and yes, that makes a perfect pair...
Enjoy the ride... I think we just gotta follow our tastes that change a lot... I must say that I am quite relieved when there's no back stitch to do -and lots of US designs don't require any, or very little. Perfect!!! Yet, they often require overdyed threads instead. You know, to add that special touch that makes them look not too simplistic...
Keep thinking of your Xmas projects, I'll see them, I hope...
Hugs!
Lili

Irene said...

Lovely finish, looks great on the fabric.