Saturday 17 November 2007

Start of the week end !

A new week end arrives, the weather doesn't call you outside... and you have no obligation stuff to do. How does that sound?

Yesterday evening and this morning I made this little "humburg". I would call it a "berlingot". I'm used to see concentrated sweet milk packaged like that ;)

I followed this tutorial, but used Cindy Valentine's little gingerbread people from her sampler in The Gift of CrossStitching. I also added blue Rhodes diamonds. The surrounding is in 4210 red DMC variation, button hole stitches. The cord is from the same thread.

The red on the gingerbread people is red beads.

This is a first attempt, and next time I see I will have to focus on putting stuff under the gingerbread people.

Here is Simply Snowdays as we speak.

Now for a true story. The snowmen are calling for DMC 3865. I couldn't find any in Hobbycraft, but I ordered it along with other threads and fabric from Sew Discounted on Wednesday night.

Yesterday I got my order, but no DMC 3865 !!!! Apparently, a rarified colour... White with a creamy twist, but not quite cream like DMC712.

As you can see, the letters and most of the rest of the design is done, so I felt I had no choice but stop and do something else until I get DMC 3865.

But this morning, I got an enveloppe from Sew Discounted with the skein... I'm saved !!! I think that's why I like to order from Sew Discounted and Sew and So: they will dispatch what they have as soon as possible (if you order in the morning, you could get stuff the following day), even if the order isn't complete.

Now on to replying to comments...

June, I'm glad you liked your visit to Lille. I love that town, with the mix of new and old, and the convinience of transport and the atmosphere...

Anonymous (please sign your comments, name or nickname, otherwise I have to call you "Anonymous", it's a bit ridiculous;) ), even if people are attracted by my magazines reviews, well, though, I'm not going to buy magazines just so they know they can spend their money for something else ! I get no money from blogging and making the reviews. But magazines cost loads of money. Here in the UK it's nearly 4 pounds a magazine, Multiply by the number of magazines and issues... That's a lot of money I could use to by nice stash with, especially if no chart interest me in the mag !!!

So I will make reviews if I buy magazines. That's the reality of life, nothing's really free ;)

Alfine, you had a good point about checking Bloglines. This blog has 12 subscribers. But if you check the my old blog, there are 50. Now, why don't people change their subscription??? I give up

Now, blog wise, you might notice the feed on the left. I find it fun to see people coming in and out...
On the right I'v added a "Vote for me" button... I joined the Crafters blogs Top sites thing. Just for fun, really. I don't really have any hope of climbing in the top, but it's really up to you to click if you want ;)

Time for breakfast before sorting out my stitching stuff: I have threads, beads, fabric all over the living room, it's very uninspirational....

4 comments :

stitcherw said...

Your Humbug turned out very sweet. I also get the gift of stitching magazine and loved her design in this issue. Snowdays is looking great too. I'm glad you were able to get the DMC you needed to be able to continue working on it. It is frustrating to be so close to finishing a project, and really want to work on it, and not have a color that you need.

BTW, you mention bloglines and subscribers. What is Bloglines?
Sue

Jenn M said...

My goodness; I feel a bit like Big Brother is watching when I see your thing to the left, saying how I came to see your site!
I tried to leave a comment the other day, but it got "eaten" by Blogger I guess. In short, your blog is great; I check it almost every day and am dissapointed when you don't post; everything is cyclical and sometimes you will get more visitors, sometimes less. You are very popular though, but having a brother as a scientist I understand your need for answers!
That's so nice of that company to send your stuff even when it's not all there. I have been waiting over two weeks for my order to come from Stitching Bits and Bobs; only one skein is backordered and that's holding everything up. Combine that with the back-log at the Canadian-American border and I wonder if I'll get my stuff before Christmas...
Enough whining; what are you going to work on next?

Kucki68 said...

That little gingerman ornament is great. I think I actually might get finished something that small...

~ Rhonda ~ said...

Hi AngelSan -
I love your site! I haven't cross stitched in years - literally - having put down the floss and needles for knitting - but am almost (almost!) inspired to start it up again! I wonder if I can still see what I'm doing....at any rate - the thing on the left that shows people coming in and out - when I came in it said Armed Forces Europe - but I'm Armed Forces Pacifis - in OKinawa - do I have something set wrong on my gmail or something?
Anyway - thank you for the inspirations - if nothing else I shall dig out all my cross stitch stuff and LOOK at it - nope, never got rid of it - I always knew I'd want to come back to it again :O)