Sunday 4 November 2007

When stitching becomes an obsession....

Click to see it biggerThe project finds itself finished in a day !!!

You can guess we didn't do much yesterday... I spent most of my time stitching, "just a little more..." "just this colour then that's it" " Oh, just to leave the border for tomorrow.."

And that's how Acorn Hill is completed.

To see a big picture and my threads conversion, click here. Well, it's not really a conversion, more like a personal change ;)

Now that I see you found the way to my new blog and commented, I shall try to stop pestering about comments. Like Lili says, counters tell you if the place is visited, but my concern was because of the change of adress, and people like Chiloe forgetting to change their feeds (or like me, I tend to do that as well).

But I can't help craving for comments. I'm too busy to go to forums and the like, so they are usually my only contact to the other stitchers.

Lili, I don't really see why it was easier to comment on my website than blogspot... except for the text typing to avoid spam, which was exactly why I moved to blogspot. Easier to comment = 1000 spams a day...

Kris, welcome, it's a shame you have to start all cross stitching over, but maybe it could be therapeutic? Sometimes I feel like getting rid of all my stuff and try to downside things a little... "Cattle ranch in Nebraska", it feels like a dream seen from good old England....

Anyway, I will take Forest Snowfall again, start Garden Pleasures... and start to think about Christmas and gifts.

4 comments :

Leeland said...

What reference is the green of leaves and grass? I though it was a NN one, but it seems I was wrong. It's an interesting variation, so I'd like to know... Well, there are only 36 of these variations anyway, and I have to go to my LNS: emergency for some variagated white and grey or white and beige? May be both... (wink!).
hugs!
Lili

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to say how stunning Acorn Hill is! I've been lurking around your website for quite some time (don't worry you don't need a restraining order! lol). I really like seeing how fast everything comes together, I think watching the 'transformation' is really cool. Look forward to seeing more from you!

Tracy
tracy911@insightbb.com

Unknown said...

I love the Acorn Hill, and how it's coming together.

I was upset at first losing my cross stitch stash, and my works, esp the one that took me years to finish. But I've found that my taste has changed, so I guess it did work out in the end. I love Bent Creek and Heart In Hand, and the Country Cottage Needlework, and the simpler patterns, rather than the very large patterns.

Yes, a cattle ranch, my parent's own 4000 acres and 250 head of cows. Along with 17 head of horses. And I also work full time in a bakery. I do most of my stitching in the winter time.

I love reading about England, too.

Jacqueline said...

Will you be continuing with your magazine reviews???

Your Acorn Hill is lovely.