Monday 7 January 2008

School of Needlework update 3 from the invisible woman

"My name is Abigail. I'm little Lizzy's older sister. The one they count on to take care of Elisabeth, and that's why Mrs Ross had me sit next to her instead of my friends.

From a distance I hear them chatting and laughing, while I have to help Elisabeth in her work. Mrs Ross always compliment her on it, does she really think she did it alone?

I guess I'm in a bad mood today because Mom said Elisabeth should wear the blue dress now that I outgrew it, and wear this brown one she used to wear at my age. I hate brown... But who would care? I'm the older sister, the responsible one...."

Lili can testify this is the story I told her on Saturday, before we read pink canary called the blue one Abigail (what a great coincidence !). She can testify that Abigail was already an unhappy girl on Saturday, and my situation today didn't make her such a grumpy puss.

Older sisters I think can relate to her, like I do.

Today was "back home" day. I had to start it after virtually no sleep by going down 12 floors with an heavy suitcase because the lift was out of order.
The the trip was sort of ok, but why did they make things so that the entry of St Pancras is so far away from the entrance of King Cross? I ended up walking 3 times the lengh of St Pancras !!!! It took nearly 30 min to go from train to train, while if you could take the direct route, you'd be there in 10 min.

And they wonder why people don't like public transportation... those obviously never took the underground. I was told people in Paris have similar problems... load of walking....

Things seem ok at home, but it's soooooo cold ! Of course, the heating was off for 2 weeks ! but then, the one thing that I could hold onto to pass the day was DBF's phone call. And of course.... no tone. TV and internet work, but phone is dead. And how do you call the company in that case? You wait the following day to call from work, because there is no way I'm going to pay a looong phone call on a mobile for that.

And to add to this I feel invisible on yahoo groups, so I don't know if people just don't get my emails or don't care to answer... It feels like if you are not in their little world already, far in the US, you are not worth it or something.

All in all, I'm worse than when I left for the holidays. Don't want to go to work, feel like crying... and want to be in Spring. I should start stitching for Spring soon, bunnies and all... maybe it would help?

---------------------------------------
"Mon nom est Abigail. je suis la grande soeur de Elisabeth, celle sur laquelle tout le monde compte pour s'occuper d'elle. C'est pourquoi Madame Ross m'a mise a cote d'elle en classe, alors que je prefererais etre avec mes amies. tandis qu'elles papotent et rigolent, je dois aider Elisabeth avec ses points, et Mme Ross s'extasie de son bel ouvrage. Croit-elle vraiment qu'elle l'a fait toute seule ?

Je suppose que je suis de mauvaise humeur aujourd'hui car maman a decide que desormais ce serait Elisabeth qui porterait la robe bleue qui commence a etre trop petite pour moi. Et me voila avec la vieille robe maron de maman a la place. Je deteste cette couleur. mais qui s'en souciera? Je suis l'ainee, la grande fille responsable..."

Pink.canary, je suis sure que tu saisiras l'ironie du fait que c'est celle d'a cote de la tienne qui est Abigail.... Lili pourra temoigner que je lui ai dit ce nom et cette histoire samedi, environ une heure avant de lire ton commentaire !

Les soeurs ainees se reconnaitront surement en Abigail,e n tout cas, moi oui ;)

Aujourd'hui j'ai du rentrer chez moi. L'eurostar Lille-St Pancras est peut etre plus rapide qu'avant, mais quand on doit passer 20 min a faire l'equivalent de 3 fois la longeur de la gare de St pancras, c'est pas aussi drole. Surtout que j'ai commence le voyage en descendant a pied les 12 etages pour cause de panne d'ascenceur. Ce ne serait rien si ma valise n'etait pas si lourde....

La maison est telle que je l'ai laissee, mais tellement froide ! Forcement, j'ai arete le chauffage 15 jours... Et evidemment, le moment clef de la journee aurait du etre l'appel de DBF au soir, et a ce moment-la je me suis rendue compte que mon telephone ne marche plus !!!! Zont encore du trifouiller dans la borne de telephone, et les connaissant, ils vont vouloir prendre rendez-vous et me faire attendre de 8 a 13h alors qu'ils doivent juste me rebrancher a l'exterieur.

Alors que la tele et internet marchent... c'est la ou on est content que le systeme de cable et le telephone ne proviennent pas de la meme boite comme Free ;)

Bref, ajoutons a ca que je me sens invisible sur certains yahoo groups, ou mes messages restent sans reponse, et on dirait que c'est copinage et co, et si on n'habite pas aux USA et qu'on ne passe pas son temps a s'extasier devant le designer on ne vaut pas le moindre interet...

Donc je suis pire qu'avant les vacances, ca valait la peine, tiens !!!! ;)

8 comments :

Unknown said...

Lol, bring on the Lizzy/Abigail stories, you're so funny.

I'm also in the LHN yahoo group but I'm a bit intimidated to write to them. I think you made an excellent point about all those *extras* not being easily availible to everyone. I live in NY and my LNS is new & small so they don't stock a ton of stuff. And who wants to spend like $20 for 2 buttons just to *finish* a piece?

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Abigail and Lizzy are doing so wonderful and I wonder what friends will join them...as their stitching hoops are all set up waiting for their appearance :)
I'm sorry no one is acknowledging you on the yahoo group...that stinks, maybe its because the Holidays are just now over and everyone is has been so busy and is now just getting back to work and don't have extra time? Don't let it worry you.... feel happy soon!

Chris said...

I have been enjoying your story about Lizzy and Abigail so much. I look forward to the next one. I'm sorry you feel ignored on Yahoo groups.

Desi said...

Well, for heaven's sake! I thought I was the only one who made up stories about what I stitch. Glad to know I'm not alone!

nela said...

Ohhhh San arriba ese animo....
Ante todo Feliz año.... y felicidades por el lhn del dia 1... me encanta la historia del lhn que estas bordando.. Mrs Ross.. abigail...

Gracias por el link del free japones ya lo voy a bordar esta muy lindo....
Espero verte sonreir pronto....
nO te preocupes todo pasara...
y primavera a de llegar en un cerrar de ojos...
Si se te lee... besos
nela

nela said...

Ohhh y se me olvidaba si quiero verte bordar cintas... YESSSSSS

Anonymous said...

hi hi c'est excellent! J'ai continué à broder le bas et le haut, pas les personnages mais j'ai déjà trouvé leur nom. Rassurée également de ne pas être la seule à me faire de petites histoires en brodant! Pour le Yahoo Group, je n'y vais pas souvent, l'interface me rebute un peu, je n'accroche pas vraiment. Bonne continuation et j'espère que ta maison se rechauffera bien vite.

Stitchy Princess said...

I'm almost ready for spring stitching, too! I love Lizzy and Abigail... who gets to wear the blue dress next, lol?