Monday 11 February 2008

more pfffffffffffff

Ok, this will be a long rant with no stitching in it (well, barely...) Some of you showed support and concern and I'm very grateful for that.... thanks !

Now, let's see the facts first. Until Friday morning when I had the nose pads of my glasses changed, I was a happy camper, seeing nicely from far to near, no problem. Change pads, and my vision is... weird. I can still make up stitches at a distance of 50cm (well enough to draw the pattern I mean), and stitching is no problem. The pads were 1mm before and now they are 3mm.

Optic 101: when you have lenses for very short sighted people, you can only see in the center of the lens. Conclusion: glasses are not aligned anymore, and they pinch my nose, giving a delightful impression of being punch in the nose at times.

Would I still be in France, I could go to any optician, no questions asked, they stick the glasses in that gizmo to check measurments, check you, readjust, and voila !

So you can imagine my surprise when the UK optician (well, I doubt he was a real optician) tells me they can't do anything because they don't have the glasses measurements as they didn't make the glasses !!!! All they can do is get a new eye test, prescription and glasses !!! In my case, you can count about 300 pounds for the whole operation, when all I need is a few bits of metal bent a little bit, if only to make the nose pads more comfortable !!!

I came out of there in tears... DBF not really understanding why I was taking it so badly. So all I can do is wait for Easter week end and get my glasses checked by a competant optician in France. No way I would bring my business in England where opticians are basically shops, with no competance.

Friday's headache was simply due to stress, I get a lot of that these days... And the skin surronding my eyes has a bad reaction to the pool chlorine.
There you go, I'm not a happy camper.... I did finish my "S" and the Valentine stockings only need me to finish the little stitcher I'm also stitching on plastic canvas. That's virtually all the stitching done this week end, I'm so tired...

----------------------------------------------------------------

Des nouvelles, mais pas vraiment de broderie... Merci de vous inquieter pour moi... La saga lunettes est loin d'etre terminee. Avant d'avoir eu les pads de nez changes, la vision est un peu bizarre. Je vois encore au loin et de pres, mais c'est pas pareil. Avant cette operation, je voyais tres bien. Apres, bof. Les pads etaient de 1mm d'epaisseur, et sont maintenant de 3mm. Comme les verres de gens tres myopes ne sont vraiment nets quand au milieu.... c'est pas dur de faire le calcul, faut reajuster les lunettes par rapport a ma tete.

Je me souviens que en France, on va chez l'opticien, il mesure les lunettes et les yeux avec des appareils, chauffe le metal, tord un peu, et hop ! Comme neuf !

Ici en Angleterre, le mec dit que tout ce qu'ils peuvent faire c'est retester ma vue, et refaire une nouvelle paire de lunettes, ce qui dans mon cas couterait environ 3000 francs, car ils n'ont pas les mesures de mes lunettes, vu que je ne les ai pas faites faire chez eux !!!

Evidemment, je suis sortie de la en larmes, avec DBF qui ne comprennait pas trop ou etait le drame... Le drame est que vu la difference d'epaisseur des pads, ca me pince le nez, et j'ai l'impression qu'on m'a boxee. C'est pas agreable.

Tout ce que je peux faire maintenant c'est attendre le weekend de Paques pour voir un opticien francais competant, car il est hors de question que je fasse faire des affaires a des incompetants alors que tout ce que j'ai besoin c'est d'un peu de metal tordu...

Le mal de tete de vendredi etait simplement du stress, et la peau autour de mes yeux fait une reaction au chlore de la piscine, donc c'est pas jojo.

J'ai quand meme fini mon "S" pour les sacs St Valentin, il ne me reste qu'a finir la petite brodeuse, et assembler le tout !
Autant dire que j'ai pas vraiment brode, trop fatiguee pour...

7 comments :

Anonymous said...

Ca va faire long d'attendre Pâques alors prends soin de tes noeils d'ici là! et puis "relax...take it easyyyyyyyyyyy". Je n'ai pas brodé grand chose, je roupille tout le temps, à peine assise sur le canapé, pouf, je m'allonge...lol
bizbiz

patternnuts said...

Wishing for the days to fly by until Easter weekend.

Leeland said...

Well, you'll think I'm crazy but I just LOVE changing my glasses (except for the financial part, that is...). They're like jewels, change the colour and style and people act differently with you. It's weird and funny...
Now, for the vision part, I'm sorry and quite upset at the reaction the optician had. I just can't believe it!!!
If your glasses are five years old, though, seize the occasion for a change (wink!).
Hugs!
Lili

Unknown said...

Maybe try another Optician? They can't ALL be incompetent. I'd hope. Hope you feel better and things get sorted out for you.

Unknown said...

Aww I'm so sorry! I hate going to the optician too. And right now my glasses almost continously slip down. I hope easter comes quickly so you can get them fixed. I almost feel bad now to say I have tagged you.

Chiloe said...

Oui essaye d'aller voir quelqu'un d'autre en lui expliquant ton problème (chez celui qui te les a changé en premier, après tout, il aurait du te les réajuster!) C'est vrai que l'avantage de le France, c'est le service chez l'opticien: c'est le seul bon service qu'on ait ;-)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your awful experience with your glasses. I wear glasses to, so I know how important comfort and proper alignment are!