Monday 19 November 2007

First snow !!!!

As planned, I finished Simply Snowdays yesterday. Still have to turn it into something like a banner... The end was a bit fiddly, because of the precise backstitching and french knots on the birds.

Now I'm officially stitching "Gifts of the season" from Gail Bussi. It's coming from Cross Stitch Gold from last year. I have a sort of love/hate relationship with this pattern. I don't know why. Sometimes I feel like it's the cutetest thing, and sometimes i find it too naive.

Right now I'm just not so sure about the fabric I took: DMC 32ct winter white linen. There's ahuge difference between DMC and Zweigart linens. French linen are close to Zweigart. But these prepacked DMC linens are weird: the holes are so big you can see through the fabric, it's quite transparent.

From a stitcher point of view, the first difficulty that comes up is that you can't carry over at the back. I do that a lot. So it will be a problem for me... I'll have to be super careful I guess...

I also stitch gifts. Now that I don't have the "password protected posts" feature, I decided to send by email my gift finishes. If you previously subscribe to the password access list, I still have your email, so you're all set. But if you are a recent reader, just give me your email at angelsan1 at gmail dot com

Note that in blogger I don't see the commenter's emails, so I can't guess your email if you just comment.

Well, off to work now...

6 comments :

Kucki68 said...

It turned out wonderful, just makes you cheerful looking at the snowmen. I am looking forward to seeing it as a banner, it will be great!

Anonymous said...

It's really cute. Ann.

Cathy said...

First Snow looks great. I enjoy checking your blog for your wip updates. Look forward to watching your progress on your new start.

Anonymous said...

I love Snow Days - my favorite is the snowman on the left. Are you in the mood to stitch small ornies, maybe? One of the Yahoo groups I'm a member of, wXSw, is offering tons of Christmas ornie freebies.

stitcherw said...

Snowdays finished up very cute. I'm not familiar with Gifts of the Season, so will enjoy watching that one evolve as you work on it.
Sue

Leeland said...

Lovely finish, San. I also love this Gail Bussi design.
DS tried to meet DBF yesterday afternoon but he didn't dare enter the room ad he seemed busy.... I told you that DS was shy...
We're gonna make it sooner or later...
Big huge hugs,
Lili